CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,721 Posts
Don't see how that can compete. Feet too far back under the seat for me. A transverse mounted inline 4 rather than a longitudinal mounted v-4. Smaller engine too, even if it does have more HP. Remember, everyone who knows looks at torque. HP is for showoffs who try to impress. I also note they say the balance shaft only partially cancels the vibration. WHAT, it vibrates! (no, I don't believe vibration has to be part of the bike/rider "relationship"). More like an alternative to the ST series. This is a S-T type bike that is more like the smaller brother of the C14.

I'm certain I wouldn't give this bike a second look even if the CTX1300 was not offered. If not the CTX1300, I would have kept the ST1100 for a bit longer... until I talked myself into the F6B.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Also, chain drive. No, thanks -- next, please!

Reactions: V0X

·
Super Moderator
2,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, first off, you have to remember that very few other manufacturers have a V-4 in their stable, and even fewer in a longitudinal configuration. So anything that could potentially compete isn't necessarily going to have all the same features. At first glance, this thing looked a little more upright to me than other sport tourers. In all the dressed trim, and at that angle, it kind of looked like something more substantial, like a truer middle-weight tourer. But now that I'm seeing other pics -- including one with rider -- it is looking more like a naked with touring options.

I don't know. It certainly seems like manufacturers more and more are throwing bags on anything big enough to hold them. Only Honda took middle-weight touring into the comfort direction yet still away from the traditional cruiser bagger. So far. Whatever the others do or do not do, I have not the remotest desire to look for anything else.

·
Registered
92 Posts
That Kawasaki's competitor is the Suzuki Vstrom 1000

Not so much the CTX1300

Light weight and Durability do Not go Hand in Hand

I do not mind a little extra weight, for added durability, as Long as that weight is carried Extremely low, keeping the CG as low as possible.

What I dont like is when a bike MFR goes too light and sacrifices durability of something like wheels that are Not durable, or clutch, or engine not durable, like the cam chain tensioner is a common prolem in some bikes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts