CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2022 Matte Deep Blue Kymco AK 550
5,809 Posts
data file updated for you. I had to put it in as a jpg instead of pdf since that latter format seemed too big to attach any more. Just click on the grid and it will open bigger.

·
Super Moderator
5,809 Posts
Keep in mind that the VIN is NOT sequential across all versions (Deluxe/Standard/Euro/UK/OZ/etc). Other parts of the VIN, aside from the SN part, indicate country or specific model/version or even color. So there can be more than one, and possibly even many more than one, with SN of 150 or 589 or 1368 or whatever. Therefor you really cannot go by the highest number you see in the spreadsheet for anything close to a count of bikes made.

NOTE: Also be aware that there are 2556 members on this forum at this time. While not every single member that signed on here has a CTX1300 I'd say way more than 1400 do. And there are very likely many hundreds of CTX1300 bikes owned by those not on this forum... yet. There is also a CTX1300 forum in France I believe, somewhere in Europe anyway. and likely another one in Japan (be really surprised if there isn't).

·
Super Moderator
5,809 Posts
@Mike1300
I don't think @Alazakla can see the note you sent directly to me to update this sheet since it was in the form of an email to me. There is no need to send email directly from the document but instead is best to post here or send a PM to Alazakla from the forum. I do know she can see your post here. She has exclusive permissions to edit this document even though I host it on my Google Drive. I make it available to all to view and to her to edit and update as needed. Your information will be added as soon as she can do that. :)

·
Super Moderator
5,809 Posts
Slightly different but same as to the SN. This thread is for more information to be added to the database. Though I haven't seen @Alazakla (member who updates that form) on the forum in a while.

·
Super Moderator
5,809 Posts
The entire VIN is taken into account. The VIN for a Standard model is different than the VIN for a Deluxe, even if the SN part is the same. Somewhere I also picked up the impression that color was part of the VIN so there could also be duplicate SN for different colors. This means there could be 6 duplicates of each SN, 3 colors and 2 versions, Standard and Deluxe. But I could be wrong about that last part.

All the more reason you cannot determine how many were produced simply by looking for the highest SN.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts