CTX 1300 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
Wow, just looking at the serial number data and wondering if my bike #1368 was one of the last ones produced??

Sent from bljdb’s phone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Okay, updated the spreadsheet with the most current info I had, but there are STILL some folks out there being "secret squirrels" and holding on tight to those info nuts! ;)

·
Premium Member
2018 GL1800 Goldwing Tour, 2014 CTX1300 (sold)
107 Posts
Just a thought...

By the looks of the above referenced VIN spreadsheet, it seems that fewer than 1400 CTX1300's were produced worldwide - noting that the highest serial number so far noted on this forum (a pretty good sampling of CTX owners) is #1368 .

If this is the case, that is an exceptionally limited production run.

I (we) appear to have a very special, rather well designed and overall most excellent limited edition motorcycle!!! 😊

Thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
2022 Matte Deep Blue Kymco AK 550
5,772 Posts
Keep in mind that the VIN is NOT sequential across all versions (Deluxe/Standard/Euro/UK/OZ/etc). Other parts of the VIN, aside from the SN part, indicate country or specific model/version or even color. So there can be more than one, and possibly even many more than one, with SN of 150 or 589 or 1368 or whatever. Therefor you really cannot go by the highest number you see in the spreadsheet for anything close to a count of bikes made.

NOTE: Also be aware that there are 2556 members on this forum at this time. While not every single member that signed on here has a CTX1300 I'd say way more than 1400 do. And there are very likely many hundreds of CTX1300 bikes owned by those not on this forum... yet. There is also a CTX1300 forum in France I believe, somewhere in Europe anyway. and likely another one in Japan (be really surprised if there isn't).

·
Registered
313 Posts
...And there are very likely many hundreds of CTX1300 bikes owned by those not on this forum...
I was in the cage on my way home from work one day and had a CTX1300 pull up beside me at a traffic light, of course I told him he had a great looking bike - and that I also had one at home... And I asked him if he was on the forum, answer: "nope". So I told him the address and told him to look us up. About three weeks later, lo and behold, exact thing happens again - same guy. So I asked him if he had found the forum (because, like, this is the best social media site ever!), and he said yes, he had looked at it but was not interested (imagine that). Haven't seen him since... maybe he thinks I'm a creep :350x700px-LL-66dd6d

Reactions: fbnewell1
21 - 40 of 61 Posts