CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to locate a UK supplier of the laminar lip or similar.it would seem the lip for the tall screen is difficult to get hold of,has anyone got any idea's.
I suppose it need not be a laminar could be something that does the same job.

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Why don't you check out ceebailey's website. They have all different sizes of w/s and could custom make you one if you wanted.

·
Registered
413 Posts
X-Creen

Try the X-Creen instead. It's adjustable where the Laminar Lip is not.

It's made by a German company called MRA.

Looks to be imported to the UK by this outfit:
MRA Spares

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Try the X-Creen instead. It's adjustable where the Laminar Lip is not.

It's made by a German company called MRA.

Looks to be imported to the UK by this outfit:
MRA Spares
Thanks for your help,I did look on the MRA website and the CTX with the tall screen is not listed

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The CTX won't be listed on MRA web site. But the X-Creen that fits best is the Tour Bolt-On or Tour Clamp-On.
Thanks Bob,will have a look,it's now 09 00 hrs here,good morning

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Have had a reply from the UK suppliers of the x-creen and they wanted to know the width of the tall screen,which I have supplied to them but no reply as yet.
Also another supplier is selling the Aero -Trim which looks a bit smaller but the reviews look ok,has any one used one of these.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Have had a reply from the UK suppliers of the x-creen and they wanted to know the width of the tall screen,which I have supplied to them but no reply as yet.
Also another supplier is selling the Aero -Trim which looks a bit smaller but the reviews look ok,has any one used one of these.
I can assure you that the universal-fit Tour model is appropriate for application to either the low or tall Honda screens. I've used it with both.

Jeff

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi all have ordered the MRA X- creen tour bolt on and it comes with the clamps as well.
The company did not return my e mails,so had to call them,£97 including shipping (postage) hopefully it works

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The MRA x-creen now installed,trying it out tomorrow,probably a trial and error in getting it right,

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Tested the x- creen today and what a difference,I can do what I used to do on the Wing and that is ride with the visor up if I want to

·
Registered
2 Posts
Tested the x- creen today and what a difference,I can do what I used to do on the Wing and that is ride with the visor up if I want to
I put a puig on mine,the honda tall screen was not tall enough,I like the puig,no holes to drill clamps right on,no wind noise on helment can hear stereo at 70 mph,got from amazon $120.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I really like the look of the Puig. Did you get it with or with out the wind deflector? How tall are you and how effective is it. I'm 6"2. Do you think it will work well for me? And finally, where did you buy it?

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
@LaoDon,
kavlar hasn't logged in since May. I don't know if he is still reading the forum.
The clamp on he refers to is: Puig 6375W. It is a clamp on deflector similar to the MRA X-Creen.
I know that Puig makes a windscreen (7005W clear) that fits our bikes, but I've not seen any users here review it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi Drummer : my bike has the MRA universal fit (installed by the previous owner) on a Honda tall screen and it's great. I think you will be very pleased.

Happy and safe riding all.

Stretto Bike

·
Registered
168 Posts
I saw last week that GIVI also makes screens for the CTX.
It is a little bit higer and wider than the tall Honda screen

http://www.givi.it/my-motorcycle#HONDA,CTX_1300_(14_>_15)

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts