CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where can I get a Laminar Lip that will fit on the bike that has a Cee Baliey's on it? Their site doesn't even list the 1300..

I'm getting a little bit of buffeting and if I put the lip on there to give in another inch or two it will be gone.

Thanks..

·
Registered
764 Posts
I ordered one of the generic Lips. I think it was the Universal 14 Inch model. When I go home for lunch today I'll try to find the part number for the one I bought. I am very happy with the combination of the 16 inch Cee Bailey screen and the Laminar Lip.

https://tennesseesmith.smugmug.com/Motorcycles/CTX1300D/i-pkqZFtc

·
Registered
19 Posts
Where can I get a Laminar Lip that will fit on the bike that has a Cee Baliey's on it? Their site doesn't even list the 1300..

I'm getting a little bit of buffeting and if I put the lip on there to give in another inch or two it will be gone.

Thanks..
take a look at X-creen as well. Several, including myself, have used this product with great success.
X-creen - MRA ? Motorcycle Windshields

·
Registered
764 Posts
This is what I put on both bikes:

Product Name: U1114C LIP for Universal Motorcycles 14 Inch Clear
Item#: U1114C
Unit Price: $84.00
Quantity: 1
Shipping Method: UPS Ground

UPS Ground: $14.78
Grand Total: $98.78

It's available at http://www.laminarlip.com/cruisers.php.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I have fitted the x-creen,works a treat,and removable.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I purchased a laminar lip for an ST1100 and tested it over a two-week period. I installed it exactly as instructed and even sent photo to manufacturer to confirm correct installation. I tried it in max recommended height, middle height, and just about 1.2" over the top of the factory screen. Overall it was a failure. I removed it and gave it away. At max height there was slightly more protection for my torso, but wind noise and turbulence increased. At lowest position it really didn't do much of anything except obscure the view of the road. In middle position it gave a bit more protection, but with a significant increase in noise. I eventually bought a screen which was 3" taller and that was much much better than the laminar lip. Also I found that when adjusting the lip up/down, it is easy to scratch your stock screen with the velcro buds. I have a friend who installed a Laminar Lip on a FJR. It came off at 90 mph and struck him in the head...

·
Registered
413 Posts
I purchased a laminar lip for an ST1100 and tested it over a two-week period. I installed it exactly as instructed and even sent photo to manufacturer to confirm correct installation. I tried it in max recommended height, middle height, and just about 1.2" over the top of the factory screen. Overall it was a failure. I removed it and gave it away. At max height there was slightly more protection for my torso, but wind noise and turbulence increased. At lowest position it really didn't do much of anything except obscure the view of the road. In middle position it gave a bit more protection, but with a significant increase in noise. I eventually bought a screen which was 3" taller and that was much much better than the laminar lip. Also I found that when adjusting the lip up/down, it is easy to scratch your stock screen with the velcro buds. I have a friend who installed a Laminar Lip on a FJR. It came off at 90 mph and struck him in the head...
You're like a ray of sunshine in every thread where you post.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts