CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got a chance to add the Laminar Lip. It lifts that little bit of turbulent air just enough to get it over my helmet. I tested it up to about 75 mph after work today. It works well.

I'll probably order the Honda box and all the required parts on Tuesday. Am I correct in thinking that I need the following?
Rear Carrier 08L70-MJN-A00ZB
Rear Trunk Base 08L73-MJN-D00
Rear Trunk, 45 L Blue 08L74-MJN-A02ZB
1 Key Body Part 08M71-MJE-D01
Inner Cylinder, 1 Key 08M70-MJE-D01

The only other thing I might want soon is an aux fuel tank over the passenger seat. I'd like to have enough fuel range to make a round trip to Nashville without stopping for gas.

If I find myself spending a lot of time on the interstates, I'll add a cruise control also. That's the main thing I miss from the Gold Wing and the Trophy.

CTX1300D - TennesseeSmith

· Registered
446 Posts
IMHO, the parts list for the trunk looks OK.

You may want to be careful with the auxiliary fuel tank, the ones from TourTank appear to be designed exclusively for carburetted engines, which draw fuel either via gravity alone or via a low pressure pump. This allows you to simply have a Y connection with a tap and you simply switch from the main tank to the auxiliary one and keep going.

The CTX1300 is injected and the fuel hose going from the tank to the fuel rail on the throttle bodies has some 3.5 bar (50psi) in it. You will probably need a hose arrangement in which you can "pour" from the auxiliary tank into the main one as opposed to one in which both tanks can feed the engine directly.

· Registered
404 Posts
IMHO, the parts list for the trunk looks OK.

You may want to be careful with the auxiliary fuel tank, the ones from TourTank appear to be designed exclusively for carburetted engines, which draw fuel either via gravity alone or via a low pressure pump. This allows you to simply have a Y connection with a tap and you simply switch from the main tank to the auxiliary one and keep going.

The CTX1300 is injected and the fuel hose going from the tank to the fuel rail on the throttle bodies has some 3.5 bar (50psi) in it. You will probably need a hose arrangement in which you can "pour" from the auxiliary tank into the main one as opposed to one in which both tanks can feed the engine directly.
This way worked fine with 2012 wing with my home made tank. I just plumbed the feed lines into the standard fuel tank and gravity fed them

· Registered
446 Posts
Then you're all set :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.