CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Hey
@bgd8rd,
This thread has info about both pro/con from members that have actually used/tried them. It seems the MRA X-creen is the popular choice.

·
Registered
413 Posts
To summarize: people seem equally happy with each, but the X-creen has the bonus of being adjustable. My own experience says that the superior adjustment winds up looking just like the positioning of the laminar lip, though.

Jeff

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have the 16 inch CB windscreen, I know adding one or the other would add the inch or two I need to have an open face helmet.

·
Registered
764 Posts
I've used both. I prefer the Laminar Lip because of the simplicity. The negative is that if it doesn't fit you, you'll end up spending more money on something else.

If you have limited funds I'd recommend the X-Creen since the adjustability makes it more likely to work for your size and shape. But the Laminar should work for 90% of riders.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
I ordered the X-Creen last night. I got the touring sized and just bit the bullet.
Well, don't get lead poisoning.
Don't forget to let us know what ya think when you get it in.
I can't remember if any of the others had it on a CB shield.
If you didn't see another one, post some pics.
I hope it works out for you.
Do you use a shield on your open face helmet or sun visor?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have a Shoei RF1100 and ride with it closed once I ge to 45mph and above. I am 5'10" with longer torso so even with the 16" CB I am getting a little buffeting on the top of my helmet. I hope to ride that and be able to ride with my shield up when I want to without getting blasted. I'll post pictures.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts