CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Interesting but who'd have thought that would be one of the first accessories for a CTX!!!

:eek:

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
probably because they had so many on the lot...

·
Super Moderator
5,723 Posts
I've seen those on GW bikes many years ago. Still kind of surprised they are already out for the CTX1300. It will be very long time before I'll need any though. Nice alternative to triking the bike.

·
Registered
446 Posts
There's a few companies in the US making them for most "heavy" (for some definition of) bikes, usually under the pretext of "old/disabled people".

I've seen a model for the Venture and there is one for the touring Harleys as well.

Not a new idea and expensive like ****, I am also surprised it made it to the CTX1300 so fast. At this speed, we should see automatic clutches (also a "been there, done that" for bigger bikes) showing up this winter and pipes in spring :)

·
Registered
118 Posts
That's crazy, but I like it!

·
Registered
437 Posts
"There are only two kinds of motorcyclists: those who have stopped gear up, and those who are going to!":rotfl9:

(With a nod to all my flight students and all those years aloft:))

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
I would like to read up on this in english all of it and prices can somebody give me info on this . How i can get knowledge of this landing gear for the ctx. I find it very interesting.
Thanks
moon

·
Super Moderator
5,723 Posts
So far all I see is from GL-Korea Material company. Did a google search on "ctx1300 landing gear" and that's all that comes up on the first page other than this thread. A few companies make them for HD and Honda GL and other bikes. Most riders I know just spend the money to trike their ride.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I would not mind this Landing gear for very uneven surfaces, or even in gravel, or grass when it is wet from dew, or a previous rain, or for that matter a gravel driveway, in which one of my brothers has, while the other one has a gravel/grass driveway in my opinion. I refuse to put my bike on those types of driveways because they are a pain to get any traction on the bike when trying to back up on them, in my opinion. There are some that would consider it to be training wheels like one guy says in the comments, I think on a similar video at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYZ_f1yszc4 from a SDGunfighter, that probably has never ridden this type of bike before.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts