CTX 1300 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you just want to see the tractors, lots of them, just go straight to 19:40.

This was my trip to Leighterton village for the ANZAC commemoration.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I have a 1959 John Deere 730 LPGas (butane) tractor. In very good condition. Last year of the “poppin’ Johnnys”. Also have a JD Model 22 1-row cotton picker that mounts onto this tractor. Have all the parts - everything works. Have had the picker to our Rio Grande Valley Fair and Livestock Show a couple times in the last 15 years or so - but there are probably 15-20 man-hours to get that thing installed on the tractor. And it’s a 35+ mile drive to get it there - at 12mph max!!

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
Found a video of a fellow farmer actually running his Model 22 through a cotton field. Mounted tractor appears to be a “50”, roughly a 1953-1954 model.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Jie12XpWUxg
Gotta love the tractors and farmers. I consider myself to be somewhat of an expert since I just planted 3 tomato plants and 5 basil plants. Not trying to be a big shot or anything...:smileygarden_de_ban

Just making fun of myself. You farmers ROCK. My favorite places to ride are through the farmlands of Maryland and Virginia. Nothing quite like it. :smiley-happy0034:

·
Premium Member
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I consider myself to be somewhat of an expert since I just planted 3 tomato plants and 5 basil plants. Not trying to be a big shot or anything...:smileygarden_de_ban
:
We used to have an allotment, a small strip of land in a communal garden area. It was only about 40 yards by 10 yards but we used to grow a good variety of stuff for our own use, and give some away to neighbours.
We stopped doing it about 5 years ago, I just got fed up with the constant weeding, the seeds would blow across from other plots that were not so well kept and if you didn't go down, for just a few days, they would take hold.

Only just finishing the last few jars of Raspberry jam and Ginger and Rhubarb Jam (Jelly you guys call it). We do still have a small plot at home for growing salad stuff and rhubarb, which I love. It gets tended in between bike rides!

·
Registered
469 Posts
No current pic of my 730, but I took a pic of a poster with it from a couple years ago. My daughter and son (far right) were Pres and VP that year. Taken in front of one of my milo fields.

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
I remember Allotments in the UK, local wars were fought over them, they were the pride and joy of them thats had em. often pased on like the familys crown jewels. uniquely British.

·
Premium Member
793 Posts
Here in mid MO older tractors are plentiful and in the summer any number of classic tractor displays and or tractor pulls. I think the old poppers are the best sounding. With that said it's hard to believe that a lot of this country was built/farmed with ole Ford or Ferguson or others that put out 20 hp. My riding mower is 21 hp from a B&S v-twin. LOL And the FFA kids have a day where they drive their tractors to school. Fun seeing the school lot full of tractors.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts