CTX 1300 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
2014 Honda CTX1300 Deluxe
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those that don't know:

I ride about 10K-15K miles a year, starting in May and ending in October. COVID put a damper last year on group rides but this year Riding is the Order of the Day!

Every two weeks I have rides planned to various locations. This ride is centered off the Blue Ridge Parkway in North Carolina. We will be riding the Snake, the Rattler, Skull Cracker, the Blue Ridge Dragon and a few more challenging roads. These roads make the NE routes a milk toast run 8O . Seriously, this is a bucket list worthy ride.

Normally, these rides are invitational only and attendance is caped. I hate having to turn people away but this happens on every ride.
There are only a few spots available - so if you are interested please PM me directly to ensure your spot.

Motel Info:
Little Switzerland Inn
86 High Ridge Road
Little Switzerland, NC 28749
(828) 765-2153 (Ask for Scott)

Free Wi-Fi, plenty of parking (bikes and trailers), excellent on-site restaurant, gift shop and of course Air-conditioned rooms.

Come on, you know you want to ride!

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
Be sure to call if you want a room there. Online shows no availability but there are some rooms. $189 - 239 per night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Block of rooms have been set aside. That is why the group size is limited. Also can share a room and cut cost in half. Let me know if you want to attend.

·
Premium Member
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Too short notice for me but I sure wish I could go!

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk
Troy, I have another ride in the Moorefiled WV area for August 11-15. Routes on great roads have already been planned. If you can't make the Little Switzerland Ride, then this is the next best ride! I will be posting details under a separate thread shortly.

·
Registered
90 Posts
A lot of great roads in that area. It's my home turf. My favorite for the CTX1300 is Hwy 181 north of Morganton, NC. It has a lot of fast sweepers that I drag the pegs on. I would rather ride my NC700 on the tighter stuff. A lot more lean angle so I can maintain more speed through the turns. I normally scout with it. Just look for roads with no trucks allowed signs.

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
This is great! My back yard! I ride these roads every week. I am in! I don't care if the inn might fill up and if space (for hotel rooms) is limited: There are a few campgrounds located nearby, so if rooms are full I can camp a night or two (or three or four) if needed! Even if I choose to stay at home, I can still meetup with you all on the road.

I put this on my calendar.

Peace,
Chris Hansen

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
@BlueThunder
Are you arriving on the 15th or 16th? I assume the 16th. Also, you mentioned a block of rooms. What is the group name?

Thanks!
Chris Hansen

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Just called the Inn. Scott was not in this morning, however; I spoke with a lovely lady and she told me (as of 5-22, @ 2:37pm) there are only 3 rooms left in the Chanticleer Building between June 16th - 20th. @BlueThunder , do you have reserved rooms under a group name?

·
Premium Member
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just called the Inn. Scott was not in this morning, however; I spoke with a lovely lady and she told me (as of 5-22, @ 2:37pm) there are only 3 rooms left in the Chanticleer Building between June 16th - 20th. @BlueThunder , do you have reserved rooms under a group name?
No. Scott made the notation under my name (Brian Kleinberg). Also mention that you are part of the motorcycle group, and you should be good to go.

Reactions: Stlburd2

·
Premium Member
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
@BlueThunder
Are you arriving on the 15th or 16th? I assume the 16th. Also, you mentioned a block of rooms. What is the group name?
Chris, I will be arriving morning of the 16th. A 1/2 day ride is planned for those that arrive around noontime.

·
Premium Member
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
This is great! My back yard! I ride these roads every week. I am in! I don't care if the inn might fill up and if space (for hotel rooms) is limited: There are a few campgrounds located nearby, so if rooms are full I can camp a night or two (or three or four) if needed! Even if I choose to stay at home, I can still meetup with you all on the road.

I put this on my calendar.
Chris, glad to hear that you are in! Looking forward to riding with you. Make the room reservation as the Inn has an excellent cancellation policy should you decide not to take it. Besides, after each day's ride, we gather for an evening of "adult beverages". Hate to have you partake and then ride home or to a campsite.

Reactions: Stlburd2

·
Registered
32 Posts
For those that don't know:

I ride about 10K-15K miles a year, starting in May and ending in October. COVID put a damper last year on group rides but this year Riding is the Order of the Day!

Every two weeks I have rides planned to various locations. This ride is centered off the Blue Ridge Parkway in North Carolina. We will be riding the Snake, the Rattler, Skull Cracker, the Blue Ridge Dragon and a few more challenging roads. These roads make the NE routes a milk toast run 8O . Seriously, this is a bucket list worthy ride.

Normally, these rides are invitational only and attendance is caped. I hate having to turn people away but this happens on every ride.
There are only a few spots available - so if you are interested please PM me directly to ensure your spot.

Motel Info:
Little Switzerland Inn
86 High Ridge Road
Little Switzerland, NC 28749
(828) 765-2153 (Ask for Scott)

Free Wi-Fi, plenty of parking (bikes and trailers), excellent on-site restaurant, gift shop and of course Air-conditioned rooms.

Come on, you know you want to ride!
I wish I could join you on that ride but we can’t cross into the USA yet. That is a great place to stay and the roads are beautiful. Enjoy and thanks for the invite, maybe next year.

·
Premium Member
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I wish I could join you on that ride but we can’t cross into the USA yet. That is a great place to stay and the roads are beautiful. Enjoy and thanks for the invite, maybe next year.
Alan, I have 3 buddies from Canada that desparetly wanted to come on this ride. But, as you know the border is still closed. US/Canada announced today that the border will remain closed until June 30th. Hang in there as I do have 3 other rides - 2 in August and 1 in September. Hopefully you'll make one of those! :cool:

·
Premium Member
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Chris, if you want to save money, we can bunk together. My roomie found out his wife was two timing him, so he backed out.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Alan, I have 3 buddies from Canada that desparetly wanted to come on this ride. But, as you know the border is still closed. US/Canada announced today that the border will remain closed until June 30th. Hang in there as I do have 3 other rides - 2 in August and 1 in September. Hopefully you'll make one of those! :cool:
That would be great, let’s hope things open up later this summer. Keep well!

·
Premium Member
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Bump. Come on guys.... you know you want to ride. To say these roads are fantastic to ride is an understatement! o_O

1 - 18 of 18 Posts