CTX 1300 Forum banner

Looking for Input On Selling My Bike Due to Health Issues

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  JamesLaz 
#1 ·
Hi All,

I posted a while back that I need to sell my bike due to some health issues, the issues have gotten worse and I really need to get the bike sold soon.
Preparing to sell my 2014 CTX 1300 Deluxe due to heath issues.
I am Looking for some input and advise. As stated I need to sell my CTX 1300 Deluxe and my health issues have made it hard for me to get the bike ready to sell. I have very little energy and am not even sure if I can hold the bike up if I was on it. I need to get it sold soon and I hate for it to be sitting in my garage collecting dust when it could be out being used and enjoyed. So here is my issue and what I am looking for some input. I had posted about my minor accident that happened when a car decided not to see me. I have not gotten the damage repaired as of yet, you can look at that posit for the pictures of the damage.
Minor Accident, Almost Hit by a Car
I did buy all the needed parts, I got the new black hard plastic cover for the side and the color matching body panels for the mirror and saddlebag. I got all OEM parts from Honda parts dealers but I am not sure if I have the energy or skill needed to replace the body panels. So I basically have two questions, first can anyone tell me how hard it is to replace the body panels. Second if I can't fix it myself do you think it could be sold "AS IS" with the new parts provided but not installed, with a full discloser of the issues or course. Besides the body damage the bike is basically prefect.

Thank you,

James

See less See more
#2 ·
The body panels are really not "hard" to replace as far as needing much strength. But some of them do require getting on the floor to remove/replace fasteners and to snap them in place. It will take a little time, and maybe a bit more time if you go slowly as your stamina allows.

You can also choose to sell it as-is with parts included but you will not get as much for it that way. At least then it will be with someone who will fix it up and ride it. If it were me I would figure the market price for the bike in fair used condition for the miles on the odometer and drop that in half. Then offer it willing to accept best offer based on that. You would definitely get several really low-ball offers doing this but if you are patient you will get a more reasonable offer that is acceptable. Keep contact info on all who respond to any listing of the bike and if you just want to let it go within a certain time you may have to go with the best offer received.

This is just one opinion and idea but maybe someplace to start.

#4 ·
The body panels are really not "hard" to replace as far as needing much strength. But some of them do require getting on the floor to remove/replace fasteners and to snap them in place. It will take a little time, and maybe a bit more time if you go slowly as your stamina allows.
I did it! It about killed me but I did it, I got all three of my damaged parts replaced. I was feeling pretty good yesterday morning and decided I really needed to get my bike ready to sell and wanted to get the repairs done. I went out and got started. It took me about 4 hours and I got through it ok, the bike looks great and all the parts went on beautifully. Afterwards I came in showered and then slept for the next 7 hours. I was pretty much wiped out after but it is done and I feel really god about getting it all done. Now I can get it up for sale.

Thank you all for your help.
James

#3 ·
If I had the parts I'd try to get a friend or relative to help get them on and if 100% then no need to mention it to potential buyer if only plastics damaged and not reported to insurance or driving records.
People always want a deal and especially so if parts are damaged.
That doesn't mean someone won't give you a fair offer as is. Might ask your dealer how much to install your parts so you know and don't take anymore than shop repair and maybe $200 for buyers time dealing with it.

Hope you feel better and sorry to see you selling.

#5 ·
I am finally getting my bike for sale. It has been a hard morning going though to see what all I am including. I can't ride any longer so my helmets, gloves and even jackets are all included. I will post on Cycle Trader and I will add an add on here also, maybe a user is looking for a new low mileage bike. I wanted to say thank you to everyone who gave advise of just good wishes, I greatly apricate it.

Thank you,
James

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.