CTX 1300 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys I have the original Bridgestone Exedra on both the front and rear tires. I ended up getting a flat at work. I have a little less than 17,000 Kms (10,500 miles) on the bike.

what do you recommend?

Also would you do a plug and patch job on the rear tire?

·
Super Moderator
5,676 Posts
I would plug it if it is a clean puncture. But screws don't usually go in and out cleanly. I've plugged a tire just off center once and rode several thousand miles with no issues. If you go the replacement route you might consider trying a Shinko or Avon rear tire if those are available. Many here will recommend a MC 2 or 3.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Bob! I ended up buying a Plug In patch kit and it seems to be holding up. I will check the tire pressure again tomorrow morning. If it holds, I’ll ride to work.

·
Premium Member
2014 Honda CTX1300 Deluxe
1,045 Posts
I use the mushroom style plugs. They seems to last a long time = life of the tire.

I have a 200/50-17 Bridgestone Exedra Max tire (Brand New) in my garage right now. I purchased it in November from Bike Bandit to have as a spare. Since I am now selling my CTX1300, I have no use for this tire. If you are interested in purchasing this tire from me let me know.

Chris

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I use the mushroom style plugs. They seems to last a long time = life of the tire.

I have a 200/50-17 Bridgestone Exedra Max tire (Brand New) in my garage right now. I purchased it in November from Bike Bandit to have as a spare. Since I am now selling my CTX1300, I have no use for this tire. If you are interested in purchasing this tire from me let me know.

Chris
WHere are you located? I'm in Toronto, ON?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Chris
By the way Chris, I'm a big fan of your videos. I was hoping to one day join you and the group for the CTX MOTOCAMING adventures. It's too bad you're selling your CTX.

·
Super Moderator
5,676 Posts
Just because he's selling the CTX does not mean he won't be attending any more events. He has already mentioned about still attending some this season. I haven't had a ST bike for 7 years now but still go to ST-Owners forum events every year. It's not as much about the bike but the people who ride. :)

BTW- I wish I was closer to the east coast so I could attend some of these events out there. I don't usually travel more than 600-700 miles to get to an event and even that distance is only once in a while.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I would always replace a damaged tire. The extra cost I see as my "insurance" against surprises.

I tried some tires for the last 40.000 kilometres :) I made the best experiences with Michelin Commander. While on dry streets I like their firm and reliable grip, in the rain I am surprised how safe and controllable they behave in turns, while breaking and riding through puddles.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G975F mit Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,051 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts