CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New here. I'm not much of a joiner. I typically ride solo and love it. I bought a CTX1300 5 or 6 years ago and It is the best 300 to 400 mile day ride I've ever been on. The balance and long term comfort are excellent. The handling is as good as it gets. Honda reliability means I'm riding. The fit and finish, if you will, aren't great but that's minor. I also own a 14 Valkyrie. It's fine for 200 or 250. The CTX is my all day bike. I started 40 years ago with a rebel and had many in-between. CTX1300 has no equal considering price and performance.

·
Super Moderator
2022 Matte Deep Blue Kymco AK 550
5,772 Posts
Welcome to the forum @James A Brown !
I also found that stock seat to be THE most comfortable of any stock seat on any bike I've sat on. Before my CTX the best I could do was about the same distance you mentioned, about 200-250 miles, before I had to get off and stretch and rest and recover to be able to continue. My first long trip on my CTX was 660 miles at one go with only stops for gas and lunch. I could easily ride that distance and not feel like I even wanted to stop and get off the bike.

·
Registered
13 Posts
New here. I'm not much of a joiner. I typically ride solo and love it. I bought a CTX1300 5 or 6 years ago and It is the best 300 to 400 mile day ride I've ever been on. The balance and long term comfort are excellent. The handling is as good as it gets. Honda reliability means I'm riding. The fit and finish, if you will, aren't great but that's minor. I also own a 14 Valkyrie. It's fine for 200 or 250. The CTX is my all day bike. I started 40 years ago with a rebel and had many in-between. CTX1300 has no equal considering price and performance.
Hi from here in England,I’m a newbie too!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts