CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,721 Posts
Welcome @Dana Finster.
As I've been told by many long distance riders, work your way up in distance gradually. I've been doing occasional LD riding a few time each year. Last month I travelled from home to Spearfish, SD for a moto camping trip with the ST forum group. About 660 miles one way. The longest trip one way so far on a bike. I made the trip there in one go and that was a long day but was fine on this bike for comfort. But for my own preferences I decided that I'd try to stick to around 400-500 miles per day for multi-day trips. This bike is my primary transport for commuting to work and around town as well as travel when solo. Even in winter here in central Iowa (yeah, it gets cold to somewhere below zero F, but I dress for it :D ).

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
Welcome, Dana!
I've had several long-ish trips on this bike; it just goes. It's great to be on a bike that can stay a tick ahead of any highway traffic no matter what the speed limit is without breaking a sweat. Have fun, keep us posted! :)

·
Registered
168 Posts
Hello Dana,

Welcome and have many save trips on your 1300

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Welcome aboard @Dana Finster,
Did you get the standard or deluxe? which color?
Accessories? Where you from?
Do you have friends that ride with you or are you a lone rider?
How about a pic or two of your new ride? Even more if you have some great scenery to fit the background.

How many miles/kms have you ridden on the new bike so far? Your likes/dislikes?
Wishing you the best on it and hope it doesn't take all the money you have left on accessories!!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts