CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2,003 Posts
@bob,
What do you use to keep your hands warm?
I'm using muffs and hand guards, but was considering ordering heated grips. Really don't need 'em much in the south, but always interested add-ons.

· Super Moderator
2022 Matte Deep Blue Kymco AK 550
6,118 Posts
@willajabir, I use Gerbing heated gloves. Tried the Hippo Hands muffs but they were a fail on the one day I used them, that happened to be -5*F. Bad day to test an unknown item and nearly froze my fingers off. This was on my Burgman. I then decided the $$$ were worth it to get what I knew would work and have had warm hands since... all the way down to just below -15*F. Check THIS thread for my heated gloves controller install on the CTX1300.
I've been using the heated gloves starting yesterday when the temps dipped below 24*F for daytime highs and it's stayed down there. Expecting between 10-14*F tomorrow morning but my hands will still be warm. :D

Oh, down south I guess heated grips should be OK, but up here in the frozen tundra of the northern states heated grips are only good down to the mid 30s*F... maybe. My standard Polar-Tex winter gloves (non-heated) work good until freezing. Below that heated grips may keep the palms warm but the knuckles and finger tips and back of the hands will be frozen. Heated gloves warm up both sides of hands all the way to the finger tips. A friend at work here says I am wearing toasters on my hands... I'm good with that.

· Registered
55 Posts
Yeah, I'm even further down south in Houston. I guess I'll at least use the heated grip once for the season :)

Actually, I installed the factory heated grips myself, this week, and found it to be a straightforward install. Sure ya had ta remove the middle cowls, shrouds, top shelter but it wasn't as time consuming as I thought it'd be.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.