CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just made the jump from a 2012 NC700x to the CTX 1300 Deluxe. I couldn't pass up the deal Honda is offering right now. I'm relatively new to riding again after a 38 year hiatus. Got my endorsement in Oct. 2012, and the NC was a great bike to get started riding again. Last summer I took my first ever long motorcycle trip on the NC and felt I would like to have something a little larger. I also wanted to move away from chain drive to something requiring less maintenance, as I am not that mechanical. Began looking at the CTX late last summer but the price scared me off. However, with the great Honda discount and a generous trade-in from my dealer, I decided to take the plunge, and so yesterday I rode away from the dealer with a smile on my face. Took a 50 mile ride today and really like the CTX. It handles great and is very smooth. My only problem right now is finding the shift lever and rear brake pedal since they sit more forward than the NC. I'm sure that after a couple more rides it will be 'old hat.' Looking forward to more and longer rides.

· Registered
2,003 Posts
I rode away from the dealer with a smile on my face.
Be careful there @revdan, you gonna give us a bad rap, smiling while riding a motorcycle. I just pull my collar up over my face so it doesn't ruin my image!!!!!
Congrats. I am approaching 3k miles since Oct on mine and find I'm just having more and more fun.
Looking forward to your impressions, mods, ride report, and PIC(s)!!!!!!

**edit: I'll planning on riding out your way this summer. PNW, here I come**

· Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looking forward to your impressions, mods, ride report, and PIC(s)!!!!!!

**edit: I'll planning on riding out your way this summer. PNW, here I come**[/QUOTE]

Mods I have ordered include the center stand, rear carrier and back rest, and the tall windscreen. Hopefully that will be all I need.
I notice you are from Alabama. I lived at Ft. Rucker for a few years in the early 1960's when my dad was stationed there. In fact got my first scooter there because you could ride at 14 at that time. Don't know if that holds true today. Are you War Eagle or Roll Tide?

· Registered
2,003 Posts
@revdan,
Roll Tide Roll (RTR) and still can license a motorcycle @ 14.
Unlike the extreme fans, I pull for the War Eagle if they aren't playing the Tide.
I think I'm opting for the center stand before I head west..
The forums & uTube provide me with my fix on the few days I can't ride.
So I have an itinerary I can't possible complete this summer (again).

· Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I looked at your picture page and the black CTX is striking. I had not seen one until I joined this Forum and have seen some pictures. Since I live in a small town my dealer only had 1 CTX and it was blue, so I got to choose any color I wanted as long as it was blue. And I'm OK with that since any of the 3 colors would've been fine with me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.