CTX 1300 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I'm not using a navigation system, I'm looking for a way to mount a map on the tank. Ideas??? Solutions??? :350x700px-LL-66dd6d

·
Registered
761 Posts
I have a GPS, but it's crappy. So I use blue painter's masking tape to fasten printed directions on the bike. It comes off easily and does not mar the paint.

I'm using a fairly heavy card stock for the the paper so it doesn't tear apart when a little wind gets under it.

·
Super Moderator
5,676 Posts
There should be clear map "pockets" available that mount with straps. Since the top shelter is plastic anything magnetic won't work... of course.
Some I've seen have a tab at the bottom to catch in the gas fill door and a strap to go around the triple tree to mount it.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've checked a strap on :eek: today but could not find out how to install it properly. The only way I can think of is actually fasten the maps with tape, as TennesseeSmith suggested. I won't do that :cool:
I just contacted a dealer if he has a cable for my old Garmin Streetpilot 2610 to the accessory power outlet. And Bob helped me finding the correct RAM-Mount clamp. :ty:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts