CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
110 Posts
Congratulations on the new CTX and welcome to the Forum. When I traded my NC700x in for the CTX a couple of months ago, the service tech at the dealer came up to me and shook my hand and said, "Congratulations, I see you bought a real bike!" There was nothing really wrong with the NC (I do miss the mpg it got), but it was my first bike and I learned that I did not feel comfortable on that style of bike. Got the CTX and I like it more and more every time I go for a ride. I'm pleased with the upgrade.

· Registered
2,003 Posts
@Mark S,
Congrats. Some adjusting to do when moving from the shadow, but I think you will like it.
MPG will be a little less, but the umph factor is there.
Where are you? How long did you have the shadow?

To you other guys: Moving up to a real bike? For ME, anything over 500cc has always done the speed limit and pulled trailers as well as handle any load I carried. Even my 600cc Silverwings was F-U-N.....But.....I'm a 2 wheel addict....AND, I remember the days when 600-750 were topdog....memories,, sweeten through the...ooops

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got the shadow new in 2011 and road it to work 30 miles each way in central pa. Some mornings it was in the 20's but afternoons in the 70's. I had 12.5 K on it when I traded it on the ctx. I liked the ctx but when I saw the deals they are giving now I figured the time was right to upgrade. I already learned more about the bike by reading this forum than the dealer new, so thanks to everyone.

· Premium Member
264 Posts
Congrats on the upgrade & welcome to the forum. I didn't remember seeing if you got the deluxe or standard model or which color did you go with? Did you get any accessories with your new ride? I believe your gonna like your bike more the more you ride it.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I got the blue delux.I wanted the anti lock brakes which there was an insurance discount for. My I pod nano or lg phone would not connect to the blue tooth. I did get a thumb drive and put my itunes library on it to work. I saw comments about the dented exhaust pipe,this bike had a small dent on the bottom of one exhaust pipe. He said a new pipe would cost $750,I said instead of replacing the pipe how about a tall windscreen and trunk. He said he he could give me the trunk and I ordered the tall windscreen for $140. Also when they put the battery in they could not get the cover to go on right .so they are also ordering a new cover. I see a lot of people are having trouble with that also.

· Super Moderator
2022 Matte Deep Blue Kymco AK 550
6,118 Posts
That dented pipe IS a warranty item to replace. It is documented that shipping handling causes this great if he gives you the accessories, but Honda owes you an un-dented pipe regardless.

On the BT connect attempt, did you press mode and DOWN volume when trying to connect your nano or phone? Up volume to connect to helmet headset, down volume for the device supplying the tunes. Just wondering. May also be a BT version issue. My Scala Q2 headset is too old to connect also.

· Registered
432 Posts
[MENTION=5129]

I remember the days when 600-750 were topdog....memories,, sweeten through the...ooops

....and I remember when a 250 was considered a HOG.....

Could probably remember more, but I forget:tongue:

· Registered
116 Posts
Definitely keep trying the bluetooth pairing, it took me a couple attempts to get it on my phone.

You will love your new CTX. CTX stands for Comfort, Technology, eXperience for a reason!

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I went to the dealer today to get the new battery cover and top compartment installed to fix the gap in the plastic. The new pieces fit no better than the old. They said they would contact honda. Has anyone solved this problem? We were at a different honda shop yesterday and my wife pointed out a ctx there had the same issue. On a better note I installed the trunk and tall windscreen in the dealers parking lot in about 45 min. They printed out the instructions for me and it was easier than I expected. I drove 25 miles on the interstate at 70 mph and it made a big difference.

· Premium Member
264 Posts
Well.... Back when I put my LED fog lamp kit on I had pretty much all the plastic off the front of the bike and I had a broken tab on the right side middle cowling (which is very poor design on HONDA's part) but any way while putting all the plastic back together I had problems with the left upper (black) panel staying popped in place towards the rear corner (opposite the speaker end). I ordered a new one cause I thought maybe it was sprung some how. When I got the new one it didn't come with the 2 white clips on it that pops into the tab of the middle cowling, so I decided that what the heck I would try installing it without those on there cause they have the tabs running along the edge and also have the push pins too that hold it on, and walla the panel fits like it's supposed to. Nice and flush all along the middle cowl all the way from the speaker to the corner edge. So I guess by popping the upper cover into the middle cowl must have put a bind in it and wouldn't let it lay right. I took the white clips off the right side upper cover too and everything fit perfectly and all nice and flush just like it's supposed to be. Hope this helps you out.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.