CTX 1300 Forum banner

61 - 80 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
I actually cancelled my reservation today..

"If" I do go I will camp.

Sent from my cellphone using Tapatalk
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
276 Posts
I'm still game.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
58 Posts
I'll let you guys know Wednesday. I missed my appointment on Tuesday and people have been dropping bikes off. they might have it done and back by next Wednesday evening. And if so ..yes I'll be coming.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
576 Posts
If you guys / gals will help send some rain down here, as they’re predicting for this weekend, there’s a very real possibility I will make the 900+ mile trek. Have the route w/ stops already laid out, and just did an up-and-back to College Station yesterday and today, over 375 miles each way with two stops. A li’l warm-up run ... maybe !!!!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
894 Posts
Should be getting the bike back from the shop today. New front tire and brake pads, new fork seals. Had a pigtail added to the front acc plug for use with my phone while apart for a new air cleaner after 22,000+ miles. So I'm still in. I need some social distancing from my recliner.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
51 Posts
Still have my hotel reservation for next weekend in Harrison. Keeping a check on the weather forecast. It doesn't look good. Rain and thunderstorms from Thursday through Sunday.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
300 Posts
Still have my hotel reservation for next weekend in Harrison. Keeping a check on the weather forecast. It doesn't look good. Rain and thunderstorms from Thursday through Sunday.
Yep.. Depending on which site you look at one says could be 30-40% chance of rain. The next 3 say 80% thunderstorms. I could live with the 30-40 % rain but don't like the 80% Thunderstorms. I have until Tuesday to decide.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
576 Posts
Didn’t get any rain this weekend, and am on the tractor planting as I write this. Coupled with high rain chances in AR, believe I am out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
276 Posts
Come Wednesday/Thursday and the forecast still looks like a "washout", dare it be suggested to postpone a weekend or two?

Thoughts?
 
  • Like
Reactions: Stlburd2

·
Registered
Joined
·
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
1 vote for postpone...

For 2 reasons: 1) Let Rona clear out a little more, 2) It will rain. Not one day but both days.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
300 Posts
Due to an unforeseen family obligation that reared it's head yesterday, I am having to back out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
51 Posts
I've cancelled my reservation in Harrison due to the rain and the uncertainty of campsites in Tennessee on the trip there. I've decided to camp at TWOS in Suches, Ga instead from Thursday until Saturday. I will probably ride my Honda nc700x instead of the CTX1300. There is a NC700 meet planned for western NC this weekend.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
894 Posts
Got the bike back from the shop today so it's ready to go. I am too but the weather outlook is bad here in mid MO for at least a week. I'm gonna cnx the Harrison reservation tomorrow. Somebody pick a new date. I'm retired so I'm pretty flexible on dates. Bummer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
58 Posts
well fellas imma have to follow behind the rest of you and cancel due to the weather.
Thank you guys for trying to make the experience a good one for me. My next free weekend Is not until the end of June. I'll try and reach out to you then if y'all are still interested in this trip.

But I can't let a free weekend go to waste so imma take a ride in the other direction through Helen to savannah ga and then down to mobile to see my mom and check out her new place.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
276 Posts
I am busy that weekend. Keep the suggestions coming for dates til we get some that work.

I would prefer autumn because Arkansas will be humid as heck til at least Labor Day.
 
61 - 80 of 85 Posts
Top