CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,
Forums like this one are excellent for bringing to public view real and potential problems that might be lurking in a motorcycle. Good recent cases in point are the host of problems with the new Triumph Trophy SE and the sidelining of the new BMW RT. I know the CTX 1300 has a problem with the battery cover and the front shocks need some attention. However, I'll weigh in and say the following:

Not a single mechanical problem so far. 2700 miles :smiley-happy0034:
What about the rest of you?

Reactions: bob

·
Registered
105 Posts
Nothing....Nada.....Nil.....Happy..... :smiley-party0005:

·
Registered
17 Posts
No problem, any one, the suspension its ok for me.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I've only got a little over 1600 miles on mine so far.

My biggest problem to date is...
I've only got a little over 1600 miles on mine so far.:wink:

Bottom line ... So far
The bike has pretty much been just what I expected and wanted when ordering it. :) plus dependable.
A nice blend of many positive attributes without excelling in just few at the cost of many others.:ty:

·
Registered
82 Posts
I now have 10,400 kilometers on mine and continue to love it....This bike is more fun in the twisties than my st1300. No problems....

·
Registered
227 Posts
I have a little over 7000 miles on mine and no real issues. I am currently working on a design for a trailer hitch to tow a small trailer. Also working on a design for some highway type pegs for another foot position on long rides.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Just a quick question. on my bike Australian Delivered the bottom pipes on both exhausts are blanked off. Is it the same on other country models or just on ours for Australian emission/noise requirements.
I know they do some strange things here to meet requirements..

·
Super Moderator
5,721 Posts
Please explain "blanked off" as I'm not familiar with that terminology.

Please look over this link for diagram and explanation how the exhaust should be fitted for all bikes (that I know of).
On each side the exhaust comes off the engine as 2 pipes that lead into the catalytic converter. The one larger pipe connects the catalyzer with the side of the mufflers on each side. The muffler should have 2 pipes out the back ends for the different chambers in the mufflers.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi again. The two pipes that come out of the back of each muffler. The bottom ones are blocked off on my bike. I had a look at the diagram on the link you posted, and it shows holes drilled/dressed in the bottom pipes. I just checked mine again and they are solid pipes.

·
Super Moderator
5,721 Posts
If you are referring to the holes drilled into the sides of the bottom pipes (out the back of the mufflers) those would be inside the muffler. What shows should be solid sides but still an open pipe into the muffler. Forgot to look at mine last night so will try to remember today. Don't know otherwise. :350x700px-LL-66dd6d

·
Registered
33 Posts
When you get a chance have a look and let me know. The bottom pipes on mine are solid with no opening into the muffler body. Just for looks???

·
Super Moderator
5,721 Posts
Took a photo tonight. Noticed that both pipes on mine looked plugged at first. Looking closer I could see the holes around the perimeter inside each one. I guess Honda decided not to extend that top pipe all the way forward in the muffler as the diagram shows, or maybe the top one is a perforated pipe inside a larger solid pipe as sometimes is done (the diagram does show the upper pipe with a perforated short pipe at the forward end so maybe they moved that to the rear). So I don't know for sure what the insides of the muffler really look like now, though I would expect something similar still to the diagram in the link I gave above.

And yeah, Ed, I know they are looking dirty again. :D

·
Registered
413 Posts
Whatever their path/route, they sound great. On my old bike I was forever looking for a deeper sound, but somehow the CTX just satisfies. Especially on deceleration. It's all about the bass, not the treble.

·
Super Moderator
2,174 Posts
Whatever their path/route, they sound great. On my old bike I was forever looking for a deeper sound, but somehow the CTX just satisfies. Especially on deceleration. It's all about the bass, not the treble.
The stock pipes do sound better than the ST's for sure. And I agree, it's all about those rumbly noises. But I'll bet it's just a matter of time before somebody experiments with drilling them out for more. I actually wouldn't mind some after-market slip-ons to give it just a bit more growl. And of course there'll be the inevitable 4-into-2-into-4 Cobra straights to rattle some window and set off some car alarms. :D

·
Registered
33 Posts
looked at the photo of your muffler. Mine doesn't have the holes drilled in the bottom pipe. took a photo but cant work out how to post it...... I'm just interested if the Australian delivered bikes may have a more restricted exhaust, that may impact on the engine performance.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts