CTX 1300 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Honda CTX1300 Riders and Friends!

The 2020 Meetup in the Mountains will be in the beautiful North Georgia Mountains, September 24th - 27th. Two Wheels of Suches will serve as our central location, including main lodging accommodations. Two Wheels seems to be a fantastic motorcycle lodge and campground! I have only heard strong reviews about this location, both the riding and the lodge. Two Wheels of Suches is just north of Dahlonega and conveniently located near Helen and Young Harris. Surrounded by the magnificent Chattahoochee National Forest, local activities range from hiking & fishing to navigating the curvy mountain roads. Nearby state & national parks are numerous and include: Amicalola Falls, Anna Ruby Falls, Dukes Creek Falls, Brasstown Bald, the Dahlonega Gold Museum, the Walasi-Yi Center and Tallulah Gorge to name a few. Details about our event (i.e. rides, attractions, ect.) are in the early planning stages, however; the most important detail is your commitment and attendance! Please, put this event on your calendar and begin preparations to attend.

Important considerations:
Bill Johnston, owner of Two Wheels, does not block out cabins or rooms in the lodge for special events or groups—reservations only. Mr. Johnston informed me that Sept. and Oct. are the most popular months at Two Wheels. He also gave me a heads up that a North Florida BMW group traditionally hosts an event at Two Wheels during the timeframe of our event. With this information in mind, you are encouraged to go ahead and make your reservation in order to secure your accommodations.

Accommodations:
Please visit their website for complete details: https://twowheelsofsuches.com/

Basics:
Eight Cabins. Each cabin has two twin beds (total of 16 beds). All cabins share the Bathhouse. Mr. Johnston stressed that their bathhouse is in great condition, clean, and maintained by the staff with pride.

Three rooms in the Lodge (total of 7 beds). Each room is unique, however; they all share the same bathroom, a large kitchen with dinning area, and a seating area with large TV.
Lodge Room 1: 1 Queen bed and 1 Twin bed
Lodge Room 2: 2 Queen beds
Lodge Room 3: 1 Queen bed and 2 Twin beds

Tent Camping:
Unlimited tent camping!!!

Food:
The kitchen is open Friday (Dinner) through Monday morning (Breakfast), with the exception of Sunday dinner. They serve dinner on Friday. They serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner on Saturday. They serve breakfast and lunch on Sunday. They serve breakfast on Monday.

Special Note: You can run a ‘tab’ on your meals, charged to your credit card that is used for your accommodation reservation. No worries if you are low on cash!

Union County, GA, is not a dry county!

Please spread the word about this event as I hope to have record attendance! Historically, we have had many other riders on other bikes (BMW, Triumph, Yamaha, etc.) join us for the fun. Please, share this with your riding friends, including other forums!

Does your spouse have their own ride or prefer to ride two-up? Bring them along as well. Our group is great and there is enough fun for everyone.

Peace,
Chris Hansen

Attachments

·
Registered
70 Posts
Yes, awesome news. That's gonna be another fantastic meetup for sure. Didn't wasted a minute and booked cabin nr. 5. Thanks Chris for putting these info's out almost a year in advance so we all can plan accordingly. Come on people- lets make this our biggest meetup ever.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Mountain Meetup

Fellow CTX'ers
Sounds great but at this time I must recuse myself. That weekend is the same as the Distinguished Gentlemen's Ride in which I am a several year participant. As a matter of fact I won Best Dressed this year. If the dates change for any reason, I will reconsider my plans. And for those who read this, this is a great event! great people with great bikes. Lots of great riding and camaraderie. And lastly my exedra's lasted 11,500 miles. Upon arriving home the steel belts were showing thru the rubber in the middle. Again thanks for putting up with me, see ya on the road!
Tony :ty::smileygarden_de_ban

·
Premium Member
490 Posts
Ok folks, as of now, the cabins are all rented as listed online and confirmed when I called. I've rented lodge room number 3. They do take a night's payment up front with a two week cancellation policy. Maybe we need to go two years out??

Reactions: Stlburd2

·
Registered
242 Posts
Im trying to work out a shipping schedule to get the beast over there, and also buying Tattslotto tickets to pay for it so if you see a Blue beast arrive with Tassie number plates you know I won.

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok folks, as of now, the cabins are all rented as listed online and confirmed when I called. I've rented lodge room number 3. They do take a night's payment up front with a two week cancellation policy. Maybe we need to go two years out??
Thanks for the heads up. I typically tent camp. No worries here. :smiley-happy0034:

·
Premium Member
791 Posts
Would love to make the trip again but since I do not camp and all cabins and one lodge room is taken I started checking for other hotel/motels nearby. Lots of REAL pricey places listed like $500 a night down to $100. Yes $500. Does anyone know what cities with hotel/motel are nearby? Searching, the closest semi affordable I've come up with is like 16+ miles away. With the lead time we have between now and 9/2020 maybe we could figure out a meeting location for the rides to leave from vs the non campers riding to Suches Two Wheel each morning. It could make the difference in a lot of peoples plans and a good turnout or a super turnout. Just a thought.
Ride safe all.

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Two Lodge Rooms Left!!!!

Hello All,

I just called Two Wheels and spoke with Carol. They have two Lodge Rooms available at the moment (call made: 11/02/19 @ 12:45pm EST). Call now and get one of these reserved if you do not tent camp: (706) 973-1671.

Keep in mind that each cabin has two beds and that each lodge-room has between two and three beds. If you currently have a cabin or lodge room to yourself and are willing to have a roommate, please let us know so that folks can make plans.

I appreciate the idea of planning a meeting location off-site. We will look into this as we consider our ride routes and meal locations.

Thanks everyone!

Peace,
Chris

·
Registered
44 Posts
🤔Hmmmm.....That's my anniversary weekend and I told my wife we are going to Kentucky. I couldn't believe she agreed to a bike ride. But I might be able to squeeze a meet and greet in on the way home if I tell her we might stop by Helen. I'll keep you posted. I would love to meet y'all and ride with you guys one day.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I ride allot in this area and have been to Suches many times. There is a great BBQ place not to far from Suches that is just south of Blairsville, GA off of hwy 129 / 11. It is called "Jim's Smokin Que". https://jimssmokinque.com/ It is the best BBQ in all of North Georgia period. They are open 11:00am - 8:00pm Thursday, Friday and Saturdays only. Everything on the menu is fantastic. Get there before 11:00 if you don't want to stand in line. There is motorcycle parking just to the north of the restaurant in front of the house that is next door. It is a great area to ride in and great food to remember North Georgia by. Differently worth the ride, about 15 miles of fantastic Georgia two lane back roads on Rte 180 (Wolf Pen Gap Rd) Enjoy.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Would love to attend. October is difficult due to business. Hired to setup/run Halloween popup store for stupid money. So stupid I would be a fool to turn it down. Been doing it for the past 3 years.

I won't know if I can attend till September. So I will be one of those who will stay off-site at a nearby motel (unless someone wants/needs a room mate). Will pencil the ride on my calendar.

BTW, I ran several rides this season in this area so I have routes and restaurants galore, if needed.

Hopefully will see you all there!

Attachments

·
Registered
348 Posts
Good news.... This meet up is in September. 9/24/2020 - 9/27/2020!!!

It would great to see you again and debate the worlds problems again. :)
I know. The problem is that popup store begins 6 weeks out from Halloween which means it starts right when the ride is. :eek:

There is some doubt as whether it will happen this year as the facility might be rented out in 2020 (owner of the popup also owns the warehouse). Still would like to attend. Any chance for a July ride??

Reactions: Shrek and Stlburd2

·
Registered
289 Posts
On my calendar. Will see as the time draws nearer. Meet the ST-forum group there last April but had to leave the say after arrival due to family. Maybe it will be different next year. I'm kinda a flatlander so the mountains are still a little new to me. I will be tenting.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts