CTX 1300 Forum banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Starting to get closer to the Meetup and I know all of us are wondering - Can we? Should we? Will we? WHO KNOWS!! As of now I'm certainly planning on being there. In watching other posts on other forums I follow the mountains appear to be all open. I would guess @ctxbryan and @HansenCTX may have the most up to date info on how much of a pain it may be in that area of the Blue Ridge mountains. Perhaps you two and any others who have been up there could share some "covid" experiences so we can try to adjust our comfort zones...
We were in Dahlonega on Saturday and it is wide open. We will be at the Meetup without a worry.

Reactions: Stlburd2

·
Registered
32 Posts
I was in Asheville, NC two weeks ago and have been working in Boone, NC for the past week. Everything seems normal except for the face masks. The amount of tourist traffic is about normal for this time of the year. Many restaurants are still take out only. When I was at TWOS last May I was impressed at how clean everything at the campground was. The bathhouses were the cleanest I have ever seen at a campground.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Good questions. I have been up in the mountains a few times, including in GA. So far so good! Many folks who camp inform me that Two Wheels is great and running strong. I will call the camp just to ask for peace of mind.

Peace,
Chris
Even when everything was closed back in March TWOS was open for camping. The restaurant was closed for a while and then it was take out only (but you could eat on the porch).

Reactions: Stlburd2
41 - 43 of 43 Posts