CTX 1300 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Starting to get closer to the Meetup and I know all of us are wondering - Can we? Should we? Will we? WHO KNOWS!! As of now I'm certainly planning on being there. In watching other posts on other forums I follow the mountains appear to be all open. I would guess @ctxbryan and @HansenCTX may have the most up to date info on how much of a pain it may be in that area of the Blue Ridge mountains. Perhaps you two and any others who have been up there could share some "covid" experiences so we can try to adjust our comfort zones...
We were in Dahlonega on Saturday and it is wide open. We will be at the Meetup without a worry.

Reactions: Stlburd2

·
Registered
69 Posts
I was in Asheville, NC two weeks ago and have been working in Boone, NC for the past week. Everything seems normal except for the face masks. The amount of tourist traffic is about normal for this time of the year. Many restaurants are still take out only. When I was at TWOS last May I was impressed at how clean everything at the campground was. The bathhouses were the cleanest I have ever seen at a campground.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Good questions. I have been up in the mountains a few times, including in GA. So far so good! Many folks who camp inform me that Two Wheels is great and running strong. I will call the camp just to ask for peace of mind.

Peace,
Chris
Even when everything was closed back in March TWOS was open for camping. The restaurant was closed for a while and then it was take out only (but you could eat on the porch).

·
Registered
629 Posts
If one of you with a reservation for either lodge or cabin has to back out or cancel, please let me know beforehand. Am about 80% sure we’ll be there, and would like to stay at the site - but my wife ain’t camping!!!

Probably gonna go ahead and try to get something in Dahlonega.

·
Registered
69 Posts
When I was there last May there was a motorhome and a slide in truck camper in the grassed area just before the bridge to the motorcycle camping area. I don't know if they had to have special permission. The guy with the truck camper had a CTX1300.

·
Premium Member
2014 Honda CTX1300 Deluxe
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Hello All,

Sorry to inform you that my wife and I were unable to design and order a new patch design for this year's Meetup in the Mountains rally. Our jobs + Covid prevented us from being as productive as we liked. I am disappointed, however; to my surprise my wife made multiple Honda CTX1300 t-shirt designs inspired by some of our previous patch concepts! I posted a new thread with a link to her website earlier this evening. Here is a link to that thread: NEW T-Shirt, Honda CTX1300, Ready for Purchase

I am looking forward to seeing you all at Two Wheels in late September! This will be our 5th annual Meetup in the Mountains!

See you soon,

Chris

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hey all,
Is there a schedule for the Meetup yet

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
Checking in to see who is going to the Meet Up In The Mountains 2020?

@HansenCTX - Is there a place at Two Wheels that we should set up tents so we are grouped together? I was planing to get there early and enjoy the area for a couple of extra days.

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
I’m in! Will be there Thursday at latest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
I’m in! Will be there Thursday at latest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great news! I will do my best to be there Thursday as well. Have to work until 5pm. I live 2 hours away, so I should get there by 7:30 or 8pm. I can't wait to see everyone!

Peace,
Chris

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Checking in to see who is going to the Meet Up In The Mountains 2020?

@HansenCTX - Is there a place at Two Wheels that we should set up tents so we are grouped together? I was planing to get there early and enjoy the area for a couple of extra days.
Hey bud!

Tent camping is first come first serve. Check out their website and look at the map for a better understanding. I have never been there before, so I will be learning too. I think it is a great idea for us tent campers to have our own little tent city!!!

Chris

·
Registered
69 Posts
I'm planning on being there on Wednesday. A better place to camp would be just across Canada Creek from the lodge. The area you marked is in a low spot below the road. When I was there in May they had a payment box with envelopes at the lodge. No one was at the office. You just put cash in the envelope with your name and address. If you wanted to pay any other way you had to put down your phone number and they would call you.

·
Premium Member
974 Posts
I'm still on but will be staying in Dahlonega at the Quality Inn. Arriving 9/23
You gonna start another list Chris?
Ride safe

·
Registered
629 Posts
I plan to arrive Wednesday afternoon. Still not 100% sure on the particulars yet: spousal unit & I towing bike; me solo towing bike; me solo riding bike; where we (I) stay Wednesday night.

Changed engine oil & filter, flushed coolant system, and changed final drive oil yesterday. Tires & charging systems all good. I’d say the bike’s about as ready as it can be!!!

·
Registered
629 Posts
Update - happened to get lucky and a room came available at the Quality Inn Dahlonega. In Wed 23rd, out Sun 27th. Am going to get my name on wait list at TWOS, just in case a cabin or lodge room comes open. So, looks like the Mrs will be accompanying me, after all!

41 - 60 of 121 Posts