@BlueThunder
@Koepper
@bigdaddy2036
@troystg
@Laurie Cox
@[email protected]
@cjm76
@fbnewell1

These are the folks that showed an interest at one time or another in this outing. I tried to setup a sheet showing info so that we could connect when we are on campus. No idea if the spreadsheet I set up will work but we'll see what happens. Just click on the link below so we can share via Microsoft and Dropbox. I think it saves changes made automatically.

Please complete your info if you are coming to this shindig and share info - if you are comfortable doing that of course... My apologies for forgetting names and info I should remember.

Meetup Fall 2020.xlsx

·
Registered
198 Posts
I still plan on going but right now ctxrider44 and I are headed the other way. I will be camping and hope to arrive Thursday afternoon.

No Excel on my phone and not loading 3rd party sw on it. So unless I missed something it will be the old fashion response for me...

Troy (aka dipsh17)

Sent from my cellphone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
502 Posts

I don’t know if this works or not. I’m a bit challenged with this! Please feel free to text or email me whatever info you wish to share. Phone and email suggested. Mine is 919-210-5933 and [email protected]. I’m happy to fill it out and then we’ll all have a reference while at Suches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
502 Posts
Seems to be easier if you just send me your info - date of arrival and phone is really all we need. phone number for calls and texting to help make plans for meals, times to meet, etc. are very helpful and of course once I've got all the info compiled I can just send out a group text. That way if internet is spotty you won't have to be trying to look things up in the forum all the time...

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Second time a hurricane will blow through just before the Meet Up In The Mountains.

@fbnewell1 At least you are not going to be riding in the middle of the hurricane this time.

The weather next week looks great. Can't wait to see everyone.

Here is a great trailer of the meet up from 2 years ago. I am still waiting for the full feature film. Shout out to @HansenCTX for the great video.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I didn’t ride through the middle of the hurricane .....

I rode through the middle of the front that blew the hurricane back offshore !!

·
Registered
492 Posts
Ok ... how about I go ahead and include that the front was strong enough to push the hurricane out into the Atlantic Ocean. And I got to ride over 300 miles through it in the rain -at night- to complete my BunBurner 1500. And - and - and ... :cool:

·
Registered
492 Posts
Do we have any routes and ride leaders planned out for Fri and Sat yet? Wanna ride some different roads on Thursday than what’s planned for Fri/Sat. Any any suggestions from some of you more “locals” would be appreciated. (I am sure I could come up with something, but first-hand knowledge is always better).

·
Premium Member
807 Posts
I think I got the hotel info and cell # onto the Dropbox list but I wouldn't swear to that. So just in case, Ill be arriving sometime Wed the 23 and staying at the Quality Inn Dahlonge GA. for four nights.
My e-mail is [email protected]
My cell # is 314-225-7038.
C U all next week. Ride safe.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Ummm - Barry??? Did you send this new hurricane MY WAY, trying to fix it so I can’t go ?!?!?

(Stephen - you may have spoken too soon [see post #66].)

·
Premium Member
502 Posts
Ummm - Barry??? Did you send this new hurricane MY WAY, trying to fix it so I can’t go ?!?!?

(Stephen - you may have spoken too soon [see post #66].)
You’ll just have to outrun it and your turbulence will help keep it away from Suches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
492 Posts
Hate to hear that, @bigdaddy2036. Was going to contact you this weekend and find out what road conditions were like between East TX and SC (assuming you drove).

Maybe this thing’ll just “pfffftt” disappear and let us go on as planned !!!!!

Reactions: Stlburd2

·
Registered
307 Posts
Do we have any routes and ride leaders planned out for Fri and Sat yet? Wanna ride some different roads on Thursday than what’s planned for Fri/Sat. Any any suggestions from some of you more “locals” would be appreciated. (I am sure I could come up with something, but first-hand knowledge is always better).
I am working on a couple routes for rides; I am about 95% sure of one, and about 75% sure of another (and of course I am open for any input that other "locals" may have). I have a suggestion for a very nice ride that would not overlap anything that I am working on for the whole group. Feel free to PM me and we can find some way to connect on the phone - I'm don't really know how to "draw" a map for you - so we just have to chat about it.

Reactions: Stlburd2

·
Registered
297 Posts
Hate to hear that, @bigdaddy2036. Was going to contact you this weekend and find out what road conditions were like between East TX and SC (assuming you drove).

Maybe this thing’ll just “pfffftt” disappear and let us go on as planned !!!!!
East Texas roads are fine. Don't know about South Carolina. We were in North Carolina around Boone and had to leave due to possible flash floods When we left we went thru Tennessee an Arkansas to get home.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Come on, guys ... I didn’t mean take the rain from me and send it to Suches!!!

61 - 80 of 81 Posts