CTX 1300 Forum banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Hello Everyone,

The results are in. With 46% of the vote, Fancy Gap Cabins and Campground has the majority of votes for our 2021 Meetup in the Mountains. The remaining percentage of votes was divided among the other three locations. Thank you to everyone who voted! We had votes from all over the USA and Canada!

On Monday I will call Fancy Gap Cabins and Campground to inquire about possible dates that fit our traditional timeframe (late Sept. through Oct. in 2021). I will also discuss their group rates as well. I will report back to you all with official dates of our event and any other important information.

Peace,
Chris

·
Premium Member
516 Posts
Great choice and I’m already excited to get going!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
525 Posts
Looks like a good choice.

Out of curiosity - how many total votes on the survey?

·
Premium Member
516 Posts
Curious on that one too. Also wondering the breakdown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
202 Posts
1242 miles one way, from my little home in SW Kansas, I'll try, but not full comitment, Fall Harvest may be going on that time of the year, but one never knows? ;) Thanks for orgaznizing this event! Plus I havent been to Virginia yet!

·
Registered
17 Posts
The distance is certainly doable for me (about 1000 km. each way.) The issue will be the border status. I am hearing rumblings that it might not open in 2021 either. Guess we will just have to wait and see.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Chris, excellent choice. Only request I have is to schedule this ride after September 19, 2021.

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Hello Everyone!

Our 6th Annual Meetup in the Mountains will be September 23rd through 26th 2021 at the Fancy Gap Cabins and Campground in Fancy Gap Virginia.

Location and Contact Details
Fancy Gap Cabins and Campground
Owners: Jennifer and Charles Woodford
Address: 202595 Blue Ridge Pkwy, Fancy Gap, VA 24328
Phone: (276) 730-7154
Email: [email protected]
Website: Blue Ridge Parkway Camping | Fancy Gap Cabins and Campground

I spoke with the owners today (Oct. 19, 2020) to discuss and determine the best time for us to hold our event at their location. Sept. 23rd - 26th is best. Please, begin your preparations for attending! Our 6th annual event has the potential to be our best rally yet!

Reservations
Our group name: Honda Motorcycle Group
  • The owners were willing to block off all the motel rooms and cabins for our group exclusively until January 4th. With that said, please contact Jennifer and Charles to make your reservation prior to January 4th. After January 4th all remaining rooms and cabins will be made available for the general public to reserve.
We will be given a 10% discount (group rate) for our lodging accommodations. Don't forget to mention our group name.

Accommodations
Motel Rooms: $70 per night plus tax
  • Each of the motel rooms has a private bathroom with towels, a queen bed with linens, a futon that folds out to a full-size bed, air conditioning, heat, TV, mini-fridge, microwave and coffee maker with supplies.
Cabins: $60 per night plus tax
  • The six, one-room camping cabins include a queen bed with linens, a futon that folds out to a full-size bed, mini-fridge, microwave and coffee maker with supplies. There is not a bathroom. Guests use the nearby bath house that has five, private full bathrooms and hot showers.
Tents: $25 per night plus tax
  • The five tent sites have water, electric, picnic tables, fire rings and charcoal grills. The sites are located along a short road on the edge of the woods above the small pond. They are close to the bath house that has five, private, full bathrooms with hot showers and utility sinks. They have free Wi-Fi.
  • Two small tents or one large tent fit on each site. Sites 14 and 15 are best for hammocks. A maximum of five people are allowed per site.
More to come!
I used to live not far from this region (Greensboro, High Point, Winston Salem NC) and would ride up to the Blue Ridge Parkway up HWY 52 often. There are many great roads, restaurants, and entertainment options in the areas surrounding Fancy Gap. I have some ideas already in mind for our day-to-day activities and will begin to organize my thoughts into a detailed plan. Those of you who are also familiar with the area are encouraged to reach out to me (PM/DM, Email, or Phone) to share any suggestions you might have.

Peace,
Chris Hansen (aka, HansenCTX)

·
Premium Member
516 Posts
@HansenCTX - Hey Chris - I just set up my reservation for 21st thru 26th. I like to go early... Anyway, I spoke with Charles who said the place was blocked starting the 24th, so not sure if that was what you wanted or not since note above says 23rd..

Charles did say that Jennifer handled groups so maybe he has days wrong.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Just got off the phone with Charles. He said Jennifer will call back to make arrangements.

He was under the impression that "MOST" people will be staying Friday through Sunday. I told him some (myself included) will be traveling Thursday and arriving that night.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Beth and I have booked motel room #6 for W, T, F, & S nights.

Was really hoping that Arkansas would win, since it’s over 300 miles closer. But - you folks are worth the extra 5 hours!!!! Besides - I ain’t never rode a scooter in Virginnie!!!!

Edit: Beth texted me with an “OH, CRAP” a few minutes ago. Checked her calendar, and that weekend is the planned weekend for her brother’s daughter to get married (had supper with the family and met her prospective groom that Thursday night we were in Dahlonega). Good news is: a better chance that we’ll actually make the meetup; bad news: will have to leave early Sat morning. Will leave reservation as-is for now. Not sure if wedding is in Atlanta area or farther NE from Dahlonega (better!). May have to do like Barry and arrive a couple days earlier. Lotsa stuff can still change in 11 months, too ...

41 - 55 of 55 Posts