CTX 1300 Forum banner

61 - 80 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Wow, i was almost late for the party. Just secured the last motel room, #8. As it stands right now my wife Chrissi will be there too, as well as my doggy- a meetup first, lol .Even none of my girls dare to ride on the bike with me anymore, they really want to meet you fine people. They will be hiking and enjoying the outdoors while we go out riding. Is this perfect or what? There are many reasons to fast forward this year, the next meetup will be a highlight for sure and can't come soon enough.

·
Premium Member
2014 Honda CTX1300 Deluxe
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Got a call from Jennifer at Fancy Gap letting me know we have four cabins left as well as the tent camping sites.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Wow! You snooze, you loose. I have been busy/lazy for the last few weeks and haven't check in on the site... So we missed out for the on site motel, any ideas what else is near by?

Reactions: Stlburd2

·
Premium Member
485 Posts
Chris,
There are still cabins available. Keep in mind that the ride is a year away. Some may bow out and you can take their reservation. I would however, take a cabin as the next best thing. You can always cancel without penalty.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Chris,
There are still cabins available. Keep in mind that the ride is a year away. Some may bow out and you can take their reservation. I would however, take a cabin as the next best thing. You can always cancel without penalty.
I'd go for the cabin in a heartbeat, but my wife? not so much... I will give them a call and see if I can get on a wait list.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Reserved a tent campsite today for Fancy Gap today. There is room for another small tent if anyone wants to share and really "rough it". Maybe we won't have the rain and wind like Suches. The wind shouldn't move the cabin around Stephen like it did your truck after you abandoned the tent.

·
Premium Member
485 Posts
Koepper said:
I currently have motel room 3. If a motel room does not open for you, I will switch with you and Karen and take the cabin. I would like the bathroom right there but can "rough it" in the cabin
Stephen, before you give up the motel reservation, give me a call. I also have a motel reservation and most likely will need a roomie. I do however, claim the bed! :cool:

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
@cjm76
Hey Chris, I've been meaning to mention something to you and why not on this thread which needs a little reminder now and then to get the blood flowing.

You had asked me about the slow speed handling of my new bike and at the time I just didn't have anything other than highway miles on it. I'm now approaching 4k miles with much more of the stop and go under my belt. I can now say that compared to the CTX there is uh... not much comparison. Even with the added weight I am so much more comfortable and capable on the Goldwing with slow speed maneuvers. The one thing I need practice on is you-turns which I'm not the best at. (Never was on CTX either). The difference there of course is without a clutch there is no friction zone so its only throttle and brake. On the highly positive side, if I don't make it around or whatever - I can just put it in reverse. It's really noticeable when coming to a traffic light and being able to not put a foot down until last second, which just seems to come in handy when the light changes just as you are about to stop.

Maneuvering in garage is SO MUCH BETTER with the reverse and walking mode forward. SO MUCH BETTER

One caveat is that Honda did make some changes to the slow speed maneuvering capabilities starting with the 2020 model which is the one I have. Since I've not ridden a 2018 or 19 I have no idea if mine is better or not. "Cruiseman" is a guy on you-tube who has a 2018 and did ride the 2020's and said in his video he didn't notice much difference between the two.

One other thing. I would highly suggest you try before you buy as the seating position is very different from the CTX. I always found the CTX to be a relaxed and comfy seating position. When I first left the dealer on the Goldwing I went about half a mile and thought I had made some huge mistake. It's a much more upright posture correct kind of riding position which initially felt cramped as heck. Once I got used to where my legs went I have since found it exceptionally comfortable. ymmv.

Now back to the important stuff. Are you and Karen ready for some riding in Virginia yet??

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
Just noticing that because of the possible future attendees, I may yet get my wife out there. I think I counted 5 wives and a dog coming along!? That's got to be a new record and welcome addition to the whole shebang! Let's see - Gail, Beth, Karen, Chrissi and Troy's better half. and Jorge's dog, wow!

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
I just made reservations for RV-8 site.
My wife Carol and I to ride with the group. Checking in Thursday, out Monday.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have a few photos from the Spring Meet and Ride in May 2019 at Fancy Gap Cabins and Campground and a few from New River Gorge Bridge in WV that I visited while there. I rode the Back of the Dragon going to the bridge but was having so much fun that I forgot to take photos.

61 - 80 of 99 Posts