CTX 1300 Forum banner
121 - 140 of 173 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Thank you! I'll certainly take one..

Now for the picture...

It's common knowledge that the highest ranking person walks on the right. Generals, presidents, and so forth.

Low and behold!! What color is on the right in the group?!?!?!

That picture confirms Blue is the best!

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
313 Posts
This is who I have coming to the Meet Up In the Mountains so far:
@bljdb
@Blue Baron
@BlueThunder and his dog
@cjm76 and Karen
@ctxbryan
@fbnewell1 and Beth
@HansenCTX
@happytrails and Carol
@Koepper
@MikeThorn
@Stlburd2
@troystg and wife

The more the merrier. All welcome. Come join the fun.
This year at Fancy Gap Cabins and Campground 202595 Blue Ridge Pkwy, Fancy Gap, VA 24328 September 23rd - 26th. Website
Hello all! I cannot believe that I am saying this, but Karen and I will not be able to make the meet up this year - all is well, we just can't fit it in. Will be on the watch for 2022...

Reactions: HansenCTX

·
Premium Member
2014 Honda CTX1300 Deluxe
500 Posts
Chris, make sure you reserve 2 patches for me! See you soon.

·
Premium Member
584 Posts
@cjm76
Sorry to hear you won't be coming along this year. Can you tell us if this opens a motel room?

Reactions: HansenCTX

·
Premium Member
584 Posts
Folks, please take a look at the video on the Facebook page linked below. We stayed here one time and it will probably be a very long time before we can do that again. They were hit pretty hard by the Pigeon river and absolutely deserve our thoughts and prayers - as does everyone affected by that damn storm.

Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground

Apologies for posting on this thread but it seems relevant to many of us...

·
Premium Member
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #129 ·
Hello All,

Sorry for not posting these past few weeks. School started... and that takes a great deal of extra time and energy.

Barry, thanks for sharing the Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground (BRMC) news. Yes, they sustained signifiant damage from the flash flood caused by the Tropical Storm. When I last spoke to Jay (the owner and operator) 15 cabins, the bridge, a 30' RV, and the 'fish house' by the old trout pond are gone. When I say gone, they are no longer on the property--they were washed away completely. The remaining structures (lodge, 3 cabins, pavilion, bathhouse) all sustained damage. Good news, they are already cleaning up the place and are rebuilding! The Motocamping community is pitching in! Please visit the Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground Facebook page to keep up with their news.

2021 Meetup Stuff!

Wow, we are almost there. I am looking forward to seeing everyone soon. Some updates from my end.
1. Patches are in. We ordered 25. One is mine, so that leaves 24.
2. My wife is finally coming! She was able to make the arrangements. This will be a first for us!
3. I will arrive Thursday evening. I have to work Thursday until 3:30. We will leave as soon as we can, we may arrive very late (9pm). I will trailer my bike this year. Keep an eye out for BIG RED (Ford F150)!

More to come.... gotta run to work.

Chris Hansen

·
Premium Member
1,026 Posts
Put me in
Hello All,

Sorry for not posting these past few weeks. School started... and that takes a great deal of extra time and energy.

Barry, thanks for sharing the Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground (BRMC) news. Yes, they sustained signifiant damage from the flash flood caused by the Tropical Storm. When I last spoke to Jay (the owner and operator) 15 cabins, the bridge, a 30' RV, and the 'fish house' by the old trout pond are gone. When I say gone, they are no longer on the property--they were washed away completely. The remaining structures (lodge, 3 cabins, pavilion, bathhouse) all sustained damage. Good news, they are already cleaning up the place and are rebuilding! The Motocamping community is pitching in! Please visit the Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground Facebook page to keep up with their news.

2021 Meetup Stuff!

Wow, we are almost there. I am looking forward to seeing everyone soon. Some updates from my end.
1. Patches are in. We ordered 25. One is mine, so that leaves 24.
2. My wife is finally coming! She was able to make the arrangements. This will be a first for us!
3. I will arrive Thursday evening. I have to work Thursday until 3:30. We will leave as soon as we can, we may arrive very late (9pm). I will trailer my bike this year. Keep an eye out for BIG RED (Ford F150)!

More to come.... gotta run to work.

Chris Hansen
I’ll take a patch Chris.

·
Registered
129 Posts
As things have developed, it is good I had to bow out of this get-together. Although the land border is open now for vaccinated U.S. citizens to come to Canada, the American government has not yet reciprocated, and the border remains closed to us. As the late Hunter S. Thompson once wrote, we live in “strange and troubled times.”
Cheers,
Bruce

·
Registered
48 Posts
Folks, please take a look at the video on the Facebook page linked below. We stayed here one time and it will probably be a very long time before we can do that again. They were hit pretty hard by the Pigeon river and absolutely deserve our thoughts and prayers - as does everyone affected by that damn storm.

Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground

Apologies for posting on this thread but it seems relevant to many of us...
Buy a gift card now to help finance the rebuild!!!

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Three weeks!!! It is getting close....
This is who I have coming to the Meet Up In the Mountains currently:
@bljdb
@Blue Baron
@BlueThunder, his dog and MiWinger51
@ctxbryan
@fbnewell1 and Emsee/Mike
@George Kreamer and wife
@HansenCTX
@happytrails and Carol
@Koepper
@MikeThorn
@Stlburd2
@troystg and maybe wife
@Mama Bear and M ick

The more the merrier. All welcome. Come join the fun.
This year at Fancy Gap Cabins and Campground 202595 Blue Ridge Pkwy, Fancy Gap, VA 24328
September 23rd - 26th. Website

·
Premium Member
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #138 ·
@Koepper
My wife Jamie will also be traveling with me. You can add her to our list!

I think you still have my cell phone number. Give me a call.

Peace,
Chris Hansen

·
Premium Member
584 Posts
Some more FYI for all - I added a few close by gas stations info:
Meetup in the Mountains #6 at Fancy Gap, VA 09/23/21

Reactions: Stlburd2

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hello all!

I am excited to see everyone gearing up for the fun! About a week ago Jörg and I rode up to Fancy Gap and met the folks at Fancy Gap Cabins and Campground. Loved the area!

While I was there I asked about reservations for our group. They said there was still room for more. Apparently, there still is one cabin and four tent campsites on hold under my name (Chris Hansen) but have not been reserved with a deposit. With that said, if you are considering attending there seems to be some options available. Keep in mind that cabins do not have their own bathrooms, they share a bath house. Also, I learned that the cabins come with linens for the beds, but not towels. They do rent towels if you do not want to bring your own.

We can have up to two tents per camp site. So, if you want to tent camp you can either get your own site or pair up!

Looking forward to seeing you all in the fall!

Peace,
Chris Hansen
When you visited Fancy Gap did you look at the road that runs from the office to the motel. When I was there a couple years ago it was covered with deep, loose gravel. It was a little tricky riding over there.

121 - 140 of 173 Posts