CTX 1300 Forum banner

Meetup in the Mountains, 2021

36K views 280 replies 27 participants last post by  Stlburd2 
#1 ·
2021 Meetup in the Mountains!!! Where might we meet? Where might we ride? What local cuisine might we explore and enjoy? I am asking for everyone to consider and suggest a location for next year. Aspects to consider: motorcycle-friendly lodging with amenities (i.e. camping with bathhouse, cabins, lodge), food service at the event site, proximity to gas and other necessities, etc.

Post a suggestion. I will take all suggestions and develop a survey. After the survey is made, I will make that survey available to our entire membership. There will be a deadline for voting (one week).

What to include in your suggestion:
Name of Campground/Lodge/Main-Event Site.
Location information (State, address).
Website URL for main event location.

Post your suggestion by Oct. 5th. I will develop the survey and share the survey link by Oct. 9th. Vote for your preferred location by 11:59pm Oct. 16th. I will announce the location with the highest percentage of votes and then contact the owner/manager of the location to begin the planning. Dates for the 2021 event will be considered after an event location is determined. I will share suggested weekends with the membership; however, the specific date will be determined after various logistics are considered. My goal is to have the dates for our event determined by Oct. 23rd.

Sincerely,
Chris Hansen

See less See more
#112 ·
@Stlburd2 This is year 6 for the Meetup in the Mountains event. Your are right, one year the ride was in Loveland Colorado. This year is the 5th year in western NC, but is the 6th year for this event. Patch: My wife's job situation has been challenging these past few months. With that said, she has not had the time/energy to design and make another patch. I will speak with her to see if she is willing to help, but just a heads up, for the first four years we invested a great deal of time and money into generating patches and typically do not sell enough to recoup our $. I will report back to you with what we can do. You never know... we might be able to do it again. Sorry we didn't do one last year. My wife tried t-shirts, but then the vendor backed out last minute due to a Honda copyright issue.

@fbnewell1 That is great news about the Honda VF750C rider! I think I may know who your are talking about, or at least the bike. For about ten years I owned a 1994 Honda Magna and was a member of the Magna Riders Association. There was one guy in the group who had a bike just like the one you described. I am excited to learn they will be joining us!!

#113 ·
Just over 5 weeks out from the 6th annual Meet Up In The Mountains t Fancy Gap Cabins and Campground 202595 Blue Ridge Pkwy, Fancy Gap, VA 24328 September 23rd - 26th. Website

Here is who is going so far:
@bljdb
@Blue Baron
@BlueThunder and his dog
@cjm76 and Karen
@ctxbryan
@fbnewell1 (It was great seeing Beth last year and will miss her this year)
@HansenCTX
@happytrails and Carol
@Koepper
@MikeThorn
@Stlburd2 (It would not be a meet up without you)
@troystg and wife (Maybe if he gets her a great present :) )

I plan to be there Thursday by noon if anyone is interested in doing a short ride Thursday afternoon.

#115 ·
I tried to make a spot where we could all see who's who, arrival dates, where staying and contact info. If you wish to update your info please feel free - it's an open google doc. All with this link can edit so please feel free

Reactions: Stlburd2
#119 ·
Ok, first time using google docs - just figured out how to open editing to all in the link above and here:

#120 ·
My wife is amazing! She designed this patch and found a vendor to help us get them made! Here it is folks, our 2021 patch design! I will go ahead and order the minimum order, pay the bill, and bring these with me to the rally. I know many of you will want to buy one!!! I will get back to you as soon as I can about how much we will need to charge for these. For now, here is a digital version of the patch for you to admire!

Peace,
Chris

#128 ·
Folks, please take a look at the video on the Facebook page linked below. We stayed here one time and it will probably be a very long time before we can do that again. They were hit pretty hard by the Pigeon river and absolutely deserve our thoughts and prayers - as does everyone affected by that damn storm.

Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground

Apologies for posting on this thread but it seems relevant to many of us...

#133 ·
Folks, please take a look at the video on the Facebook page linked below. We stayed here one time and it will probably be a very long time before we can do that again. They were hit pretty hard by the Pigeon river and absolutely deserve our thoughts and prayers - as does everyone affected by that damn storm.

Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground

Apologies for posting on this thread but it seems relevant to many of us...
Buy a gift card now to help finance the rebuild!!!

#129 ·
Hello All,

Sorry for not posting these past few weeks. School started... and that takes a great deal of extra time and energy.

Barry, thanks for sharing the Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground (BRMC) news. Yes, they sustained signifiant damage from the flash flood caused by the Tropical Storm. When I last spoke to Jay (the owner and operator) 15 cabins, the bridge, a 30' RV, and the 'fish house' by the old trout pond are gone. When I say gone, they are no longer on the property--they were washed away completely. The remaining structures (lodge, 3 cabins, pavilion, bathhouse) all sustained damage. Good news, they are already cleaning up the place and are rebuilding! The Motocamping community is pitching in! Please visit the Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground Facebook page to keep up with their news.

2021 Meetup Stuff!

Wow, we are almost there. I am looking forward to seeing everyone soon. Some updates from my end.
1. Patches are in. We ordered 25. One is mine, so that leaves 24.
2. My wife is finally coming! She was able to make the arrangements. This will be a first for us!
3. I will arrive Thursday evening. I have to work Thursday until 3:30. We will leave as soon as we can, we may arrive very late (9pm). I will trailer my bike this year. Keep an eye out for BIG RED (Ford F150)!

More to come.... gotta run to work.

Chris Hansen

#131 ·
As things have developed, it is good I had to bow out of this get-together. Although the land border is open now for vaccinated U.S. citizens to come to Canada, the American government has not yet reciprocated, and the border remains closed to us. As the late Hunter S. Thompson once wrote, we live in “strange and troubled times.”
Cheers,
Bruce

#134 ·
#135 ·
Three weeks!!! It is getting close....
This is who I have coming to the Meet Up In the Mountains currently:
@bljdb
@Blue Baron
@BlueThunder, his dog and MiWinger51
@ctxbryan
@fbnewell1 and Emsee/Mike
@George Kreamer and wife
@HansenCTX
@happytrails and Carol
@Koepper
@MikeThorn
@Stlburd2
@troystg and maybe wife
@Mama Bear and M ick

The more the merrier. All welcome. Come join the fun.
This year at Fancy Gap Cabins and Campground 202595 Blue Ridge Pkwy, Fancy Gap, VA 24328
September 23rd - 26th. Website

#139 ·
Some more FYI for all - I added a few close by gas stations info:
Meetup in the Mountains #6 at Fancy Gap, VA 09/23/21

#142 ·
Rode with blubaron Friday then his tire thread started showing so he couldn't ride Saturday so he left. In his absence I told all the Goldwing guys about our gathering since we were invited to theirs.

We may see a Goldwing or two next month.

Man those older guys on the wings were moving. I have no doubt they will keep up. If not pass a few of us. [emoji15]

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.