CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2014 Honda CTX1300 Deluxe
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone!

The 7th Annual Meetup in the Mountains (2022) will be in Little Switzerland NC between September 22nd and 25th. We will stay at the Big Lynn Lodge, located at 10860 NC-226A, Little Switzerland, NC 28749.

It has been one month since our last Meetup in the Mountains. Since then, my time has been consumed by both work and family obligations. However, I have spent a lot of time working on our event for next year.

When planning for this year’s event many locations in the region were considered (i.e. Little Switzerland Inn, Ironhorse Motorcycle Lodge, Fontana Dam Village Resort, etc.). After contacting each location and discussing various possible dates and group needs, I discovered that each place was already booked or had various limitations that were not ideal. Only Big Lynn Lodge and Linvall Falls Cottages and Lodge have rooms available this far in advance (one year) for our event and have ideal accommodations.

Jörg (Blue Barron) suggested Big Lynn Lodge to me a few years ago. I had never been there, but when I looked it up I immediately remembered where it was. It is one of a few great lodge locations in Little Switzerland NC that is popular among the sports car and motorcycle enthusiast groups who seek quality accommodations and world famous roads. I agree with Jörg, this is an ideal location for our group!

This lodge is located on the home of the Diamondback (NC 226A), just off the world-famous Blue Ridge Parkway, and is ideally located in Western NC north of Asheville. This lodge has everything too! In addition to the best views available (similar to what one would see at Pisgah Inn and Little Switzerland Inn), they also provide breakfast, dinner, and sell beer/wine (see details below).

I reserved 15 rooms for our group (see specific room numbers below). The group name is Honda Motorcycle Group. Reservation with a $150 deposit must be made before July 1, 2022. Attached to this note is a detailed room list detailing the number of beds, as well as a facility map. Our rooms have the best views on the property!

Although Sept. 22nd seems far away, it will be here before you know it! Don’t miss out, make your reservation today!

Peace Friends,
Chris (HansenCTX)

From the Lodge

Thank you for booking the Honda Motorcycle Group with Big Lynn Lodge. We have your group arriving September 22nd, 2022 and departing the morning of September 25th, 2022. The group rate is $150 per night plus tax for Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights . This is for two person occupancy; each additional adult is $30 per night. Children 6-17 are an additional $15 charge. This comes with complimentary dinner and breakfast. Each day a gratuity of $11 per day will be added per room up to two occupants and $5 additional per day for additional adults. We will hold blocked rooms until July 1, 2022; any rooms that have not been reserved will be released. We ask your group to call Big Lynn Lodge at 828.765.4257 when they are ready to make their reservations. Once the deposit is taken, in the event you need to cancel, please do so at least 7 days prior to your arrival. There will be a $20 cancellation fee. If you cancel within 7 days of your arrival you will lose your deposit. We have reserved rooms 107,108,109,110,111,112,114,115,116,117,118,119,130,131 & 132 for your group.

Our rooms have cable television, WiFi access, air conditioning and a mini fridge. Hair dryers are available at the front desk. There is a washer and dryer on the property for guest use. We ring the dinner bell at 6PM and serve until 7:30PM. The breakfast bell rings at 7:30AM and we serve until 9AM. Dinner consists of salad, meat, starch, 2 vegetables and a dessert. We do offer vegetarian lasagna or trout. Breakfast you order from a menu that consists of eggs, bacon, waffles, pancakes, oatmeal or cold cereal. Beer and wine are available for purchase.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
Chris,
Are there any other hotel/motel/cabin/campgrounds nearby?
$150 + tax per night (including breakfast & dinner) plus the $11 a room "gratuity" sounds a little pricey to me. Plus the fact that a number of us travel alone or arrive a day early or stay a day later. Attending all of the previous "Meetups" , including 2 riding two up, I have NEVER spent that much per day at any time including fuel costs. And we all know those are going up.
Could turn a LOT of regular attendees off and prohibit new attendees from coming when we would like to expand turnout and meet new owners.
I'd love to hear the feelings from others, regular & new attendees thinking of joining in in 2022.
With that said, Thanks Chris for your hard work/hours pulling the Meetups together.
JMHO
Ride safe all.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Chris,
$150 + tax per night (including breakfast & dinner) plus the $11 a room "gratuity" sounds a little pricey to me. Plus the fact that a number of us travel alone or arrive a day early or stay a day later. Attending all of the previous "Meetups" , including 2 riding two up, I have NEVER spent that much per day at any time including fuel costs. And we all know those are going up.
Could turn a LOT of regular attendees off and prohibit new attendees from coming when we would like to expand turnout and meet new owners.
I'd love to hear the feelings from others, regular & new attendees thinking of joining in in 2022.
With that said, Thanks Chris for your hard work/hours pulling the Meetups together.
JMHO
Ride safe all.
A little early for me to make the decision but many of the rooms are double queen beds. Be pretty cheap in my mind with two meals a day if I room shared. $75 plus plus is probably close $100 each but minus a meal or two seems fair to be in a great view and location spot. I may be open to room share, but no freight train snoring.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I stayed at a Best Western in Asheville a couple of years ago. It looks like 1 hour away from this lodge.
Price wise I think $150 is okay but I disagree with forced gratuity. Gratuity / tip should be the discretion of the patron.
My 2 cents :)

·
Registered
128 Posts
I stayed at a Best Western in Asheville a couple of years ago. It looks like 1 hour away from this lodge.
Price wise I think $150 is okay but I disagree with forced gratuity. Gratuity / tip should be the discretion of the patron.
My 2 cents :)
I don't think you could make it in an hour from Asheville, but some are faster than I am.
It's a deal with meals if you consider room share with two queen beds. Splitting the gratuity makes it easier. I have never stayed here but pulled into parking lot thinking public restaurant. Great location and views. Think old school mountain resort setting. Do a little research this ain't no best western on the interstate.
However there are a couple towns closer than Asheville if you can't warm up to staying here. Lots of camping and cabin type stuff near by.
Scroll through the photos from a Google search.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hello Everyone!

The 7th Annual Meetup in the Mountains (2022) will be in Little Switzerland NC between September 22nd and 25th. We will stay at the Big Lynn Lodge, located at 10860 NC-226A, Little Switzerland, NC 28749.

It has been one month since our last Meetup in the Mountains. Since then, my time has been consumed by both work and family obligations. However, I have spent a lot of time working on our event for next year.

When planning for this year’s event many locations in the region were considered (i.e. Little Switzerland Inn, Ironhorse Motorcycle Lodge, Fontana Dam Village Resort, etc.). After contacting each location and discussing various possible dates and group needs, I discovered that each place was already booked or had various limitations that were not ideal. Only Big Lynn Lodge and Linvall Falls Cottages and Lodge have rooms available this far in advance (one year) for our event and have ideal accommodations.

Jörg (Blue Barron) suggested Big Lynn Lodge to me a few years ago. I had never been there, but when I looked it up I immediately remembered where it was. It is one of a few great lodge locations in Little Switzerland NC that is popular among the sports car and motorcycle enthusiast groups who seek quality accommodations and world famous roads. I agree with Jörg, this is an ideal location for our group!

This lodge is located on the home of the Diamondback (NC 226A), just off the world-famous Blue Ridge Parkway, and is ideally located in Western NC north of Asheville. This lodge has everything too! In addition to the best views available (similar to what one would see at Pisgah Inn and Little Switzerland Inn), they also provide breakfast, dinner, and sell beer/wine (see details below).

I reserved 15 rooms for our group (see specific room numbers below). The group name is Honda Motorcycle Group. Reservation with a $150 deposit must be made before July 1, 2022. Attached to this note is a detailed room list detailing the number of beds, as well as a facility map. Our rooms have the best views on the property!

Although Sept. 22nd seems far away, it will be here before you know it! Don’t miss out, make your reservation today!

Peace Friends,
Chris (HansenCTX)

From the Lodge

Thank you for booking the Honda Motorcycle Group with Big Lynn Lodge. We have your group arriving September 22nd, 2022 and departing the morning of September 25th, 2022. The group rate is $150 per night plus tax for Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights . This is for two person occupancy; each additional adult is $30 per night. Children 6-17 are an additional $15 charge. This comes with complimentary dinner and breakfast. Each day a gratuity of $11 per day will be added per room up to two occupants and $5 additional per day for additional adults. We will hold blocked rooms until July 1, 2022; any rooms that have not been reserved will be released. We ask your group to call Big Lynn Lodge at 828.765.4257 when they are ready to make their reservations. Once the deposit is taken, in the event you need to cancel, please do so at least 7 days prior to your arrival. There will be a $20 cancellation fee. If you cancel within 7 days of your arrival you will lose your deposit. We have reserved rooms 107,108,109,110,111,112,114,115,116,117,118,119,130,131 & 132 for your group.

Our rooms have cable television, WiFi access, air conditioning and a mini fridge. Hair dryers are available at the front desk. There is a washer and dryer on the property for guest use. We ring the dinner bell at 6PM and serve until 7:30PM. The breakfast bell rings at 7:30AM and we serve until 9AM. Dinner consists of salad, meat, starch, 2 vegetables and a dessert. We do offer vegetarian lasagna or trout. Breakfast you order from a menu that consists of eggs, bacon, waffles, pancakes, oatmeal or cold cereal. Beer and wine are available for purchase.
With tax and gratuity it ends up being over $200 a night. Sorry but that's out of my price range, hate to miss it but just not doable for us on top of the dogsitter's fee.

Reactions: Stlburd2

·
Registered
50 Posts
Chris,
JMHO
Ride safe all.
Agreed...I definitely can't spend that much

Reactions: Stlburd2

·
Registered
128 Posts
With tax and gratuity it ends up being over $200 a night. Sorry but that's out of my price range, hate to miss it but just not doable for us on top of the dogsitter's fee.
I can understand money has to fit, check Spruce Pine area. I think that's closest place with hotel/motel. There are a few scattered condo or airbnb types but they will have extra fees that probably make them close in price.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Spruce Pine has some hotels for about half the cost and is about 20 minutes away. If you want to ride 226A (Diamondback) a couple times a day there are some in Marion but it is further away.

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
This is going to take some logistic from someone in the area there,hint hint hint, having people stay in two different areas. Like picking a common meeting place each morning. I'm sure those at Big Lynn Lodge aren't gonna want to skip a paid for breakfast there to meet at a restaurant in Spruce Pine. And I have no idea which way any rides would head out and they wouldn't HAVE to start at Big Lynn Lodge. So maybe someone local could suggest a gas station/store to meet at and have the rides start a little later so everyone wanting to take part still could. We have a while to figure this out and I have confidence someone will come up with a workable plan. So don't give up CarrieAnn (MamaBear) I figure on Spruce Pine for myself as of now. Just don't know which hotel/motel yet. Ride safe all.

·
Registered
115 Posts
It will be a lot like Suches in 2020. There are so many good roads in the area. Some run to the south of the BRP close to Big Lynn Lodge. Others run north of 19E that goes through Spruce Pine. A meeting location can be chosen after the routes are picked so everyone can meet up. I plan on camping at Crabtree Falls Campground.

·
Registered
75 Posts
At this very moment I'm in...🥳🥳🥳. I reserved a room in Marion nc at the hampton inn. I Can't make a solid yes until February when I see the call schedule. But I would love to participate and meet you guys. And I missed out the last couple of years. Imma try and get the wife to come since it's close to the anniversary ride... so pencil me in!!!!

·
Registered
93 Posts
hi everyone. I'm so looking forward to our next meetup as in every year. Yes, for a single room occupant its getting pricy here, but sharing the room with a travel partner or fellow CTXler will put the cost probably below any motel room especially with 2 meals a day included per person! In the past we had people not attending due to a lack of cabins/ rooms at our meetup locations. So next year, especially with the campground so near by( thanks Brian/Charles for sharing this info) , i think Chris found a perfect location for the meetup. Nothing is cheap anymore, but to me the meetup is priceless. Hope too see y all in September. its gone be spectacular and afterwards we all gone say: yes- it was well worth it.
May the curves be with us , and never forget: " Beer is food" German George

1 - 15 of 15 Posts