CTX 1300 Forum banner
141 - 160 of 189 Posts

·
Premium Member
2014 Honda CTX1300 Deluxe
568 Posts
I should be arriving Thursday before noon. Planning to go on afternoon ride.
I have several routes already planned from previous LS group rides. I volunteer to lead a group and share the routes (GPX).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello, My husband and I are planning on being there. We're arriving Thursday evening, camping North of the lodge. My husband, Michael, may have to work on Friday so we may not be available until late Friday afternoon. I'm wondering how we'll meet up with everyone so we can ride together? Do we just take our chances and head over to Big Lynn Lodge and hope we find y'all? We're both looking forward to the trip and riding, of course. He's on the CTX1300, I'm on my Can-Am Ryker 900 Sport. Thanks, Ivy

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
Do we just take our chances and head over to Big Lynn Lodge and hope we find y'all? We're both looking forward to the trip and riding, of course. Thanks, Ivy
Hi Ivy,
In years past we have left on the group ride about 9-9:30. I assume we will be leaving from the Lodge but honestly we don't have a decision on that yet. Watch the forum for more info! And Welcome!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Just call me cautious but I don't like publicly posting my phone numbers, at least I think the forum is public read.

I know someone had a request list of people coming.

Is the message system on forum private?

We could do a private group message to those attending and share phone numbers like that.

·
Registered
286 Posts
314-225-7038 is my cell. Stan (stlburd2) Feel free to call/text. I’ll be there Wed.
Maybe others could add a number here. Previously we exchanged on sight but this might be easier.
Stay safe all
I started private message conversation with Stan on this forum to share my number and happy to add others to the string if you want to join private message just ask to be added.
Once on string you can invite others.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Will whomever is organizing please give us a list of rides proposed for Friday and Saturday.

I would like to save the rides for group and plan to be doing early rides and some more the week after.

I understand if nothing has been decided and you want to leave announcement until we arrive at big lynn just say so.

I'm leaving Florida on Monday.

·
Premium Member
2014 Honda CTX1300 Deluxe
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #153 ·

Hello Everyone!

Sorry for the longer-term hiatus this summer. A lot in my life has changed since June. In late summer I accepted an offer for a new job, sold my SC house, and moved to Richmond VA. My family and I are not settled in, yet. Since July, we have been living with family in and around the Richmond area. Everything we own has been, and still is, in storage. In late August, we found and purchased a house. On September 22nd we will occupy our new home. The movers will bring all our belongings to the house from storage, and this weekend, my family and I will settle into our new home.

Unfortunately, this will impact my ability to attend this year's Meetup in the Mountains. I cannot attend. This breaks my heart, as this event and community is dear to me. However, I comforted by the knowledge that the event has a great many people who love it just as much as I do, and although I will not be there (this year) that will not interfere with the great time you all will have.

@BlueThunder, Thank you for planning ride routes! I am so happy we had our time in Little Switzerland last year! Y'all, BlueThunder has some great routes planned.

Several riders in our community live in and around the region. They know every road! Planning 'ad hoc' routes will be easy. Depending on several factors related to the general group (number of people, two-up/one-up, various styles of riding, experience on twisty switchbacks, confidence levels, etc.) our group may not be able to safely have 'one group' rides with everyone included. It is possible that the larger group may be divided into smaller groups, so that you can ride safely and comfortably. With several returning riders, and new riders to our group, I am excited to learn about the new memories that will be made!

German Jörg (@Blue Baron) and I were planning to be roommates this year. He and I spoke earlier, and he asked me to post a request for someone to take my spot and join him in his room at Big Lynn Lodge. If you are interested, please contact BlueBaron.

After my family gets settled into our new home, I will start planning next year's Meetup in the Mountains. I will be back!

Thank you,
Chris Hansen

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just call me cautious but I don't like publicly posting my phone numbers, at least I think the forum is public read.

I know someone had a request list of people coming.

Is the message system on forum private?

We could do a private group message to those attending and share phone numbers like that.
The message system is not private. I was able to read all the past posts before I joined.

Ivy

141 - 160 of 189 Posts