CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Looks Good! :smiley-happy0034: Curious as to how much did you have to trim off on the engine shroud to put those on? I've been kinda thinking about putting some on mine too. Were they hard to install?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Just installed my Meosabe highway peg mounts and thought you all would like to see a couple of pictures.
Look good.....wondering what pegs / adapters you used with the brackets....I have the brackets but haven't installed them yet.....

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,069 Posts
Looks Good! :smiley-happy0034: Curious as to how much did you have to trim off on the engine shroud to put those on? I've been kinda thinking about putting some on mine too. Were they hard to install?
Look good.....wondering what pegs / adapters you used with the brackets....I have the brackets but haven't installed them yet.....

Thanks
See pics below

I nibbled away at the shroud with a pair of metal snips. Can't see the penetration behind the bracket, but still you wanna do a quality job. Not hard to install as menosabe made them custom for the CTX frame. Installing the lights, OTOH :rolleyes:.

I mounted a set a Kuryakyn ISO pegs and adapters.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okay, first, I use the Kuryakyn male mount adapters and basically snugged up the bolts to the adapters, then put the adapters on the bike and adjusted the angle. After that I removed the adapters and put them in a bench vise (protected by foam, and tightened the Kuryakyn male mount adapters using a 20" breaker bar with a 6" extension going to the 3/4" socket. These suckers won't move BUT I will have to make a change after riding, not because of the adapters but because of my short legs (30" inseam). I'm going to install the Kuryakyn male mount Longhorn offset adapters so as to bring the pegs lower and back a couple of inches, plus I'm going to switch to the Kuryakyn Kinetic mini boards and in doing so I will have to remove the male mount adapters from the Meosabe adapters and dril a small pin hole to locate and anti rotating pin that is supposed to go into the male mount adapters. Not a big deal for me since I have a full machine shop at my disposal.

Second, I'm a little anal about making sure panels and such rest in their original location after installing an accessory and in doing so on the side cowls I ended up trimming off more than anyone here has posted in order for them to sit in their original position without any twisting. I found that the easiest thing to do to see exactly how much to trim off wat to reinstall the cowls into the clips at the top and then see how far away the cowl was from the lower tab that it has to be attached to. In order to get everyting right I used a scribe to mark the front and back locations of the Meosabe adapter onto the cowl and then used a Dremel tool with a cutoff wheel to work the opening back to where it wasn't touching the mount when attached to the lower tab. The amount removed ended up being about 3/4" to 7/8" in a square section about 1-1/2" wide on each side.

·
Premium Member
1,069 Posts
Oooo, I like the idea of the peg adapters. My legs are too long for the position of the pegs, so I must hook my heels on the pegs. Which is not that comfortable.

I see that the pics did not make it on my last post here. Will try again, but no guarantees....

Attachments

Reactions: TnHeath

·
Super Moderator
5,723 Posts
I saw the pics on your earlier post just fine. Looks good. Adding Offset adapters will bring the pegs closer but be aware they will also likely be a bit farther out from the bike too, depending on which ones you get.

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
I am about to make a new batch so if anyone wants the adapter angled further forward or back. Let me know. I thought about using a tab coming of the end but decided it wouldn't look as nice as angling the bracket backwards. As for forward facing. Not sure how that will look.
I will post a picture by Tuesday to see what you guys think. ☺

Thank you all for the support

·
Premium Member
1,069 Posts
I saw the pics on your earlier post just fine. Looks good. Adding Offset adapters will bring the pegs closer but be aware they will also likely be a bit farther out from the bike too, depending on which ones you get.
According to the Kuryakyn description for the Adjustable Lockable Offsets
"Adjust...forward, back, up, or down."
Must investigate further.

Reactions: bob

·
Registered
165 Posts
Just installed mine today -- Menosabe, you are my hero!! Video was great but I was still apprehensive. 1st one took an hour but the 2nd only 15 minutes. Used a Dremel tool to make the cuts.

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
Thanks for the nice words. I powder coated tonight and hope to do a demo video tomorrow on a small change in design. I hope to post video by the weekend on youtube.

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
Well, I made a new video on installation instruction with the latest version. I also added the LED option in case people want to change their version. By the way if you want to change your bracket to add a light. I drilled a hole 1" from the edge to make sure the bolts don't run into each other inside the bracket. Here is the link.
https://youtu.be/4J_8AoXXqWM

·
Registered
315 Posts
See pics below

I nibbled away at the shroud with a pair of metal snips. Can't see the penetration behind the bracket, but still you wanna do a quality job. Not hard to install as menosabe made them custom for the CTX frame. Installing the lights, OTOH :rolleyes:.

I mounted a set a Kuryakyn ISO pegs and adapters.

Is the menosabe bracket you have the offset bracket?

·
Premium Member
1,069 Posts
Is the menosabe bracket you have the offset bracket?
I dunno. I bought one of his earlier models. May not have had an offset then. He would know tho.

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
The brackets on this post are first generation. Second generation uses square tubing. Second generation can have the pegs mounted on the ends or offset 1 1/2". Just ask and I will make it for you.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I am about to make a new batch so if anyone wants the adapter angled further forward or back. Let me know. I thought about using a tab coming of the end but decided it wouldn't look as nice as angling the bracket backwards. As for forward facing. Not sure how that will look.
I will post a picture by Tuesday to see what you guys think. ☺

Thank you all for the support
Sent you a message earlier, but just wanted to double my chances of getting my name in line for a set of saddlebag/tip over rear bars. These look great and Honda should have considered adding as standard equipment on the CTX 1300. Thanks for your consideration. Mike, 7047567918

1 - 20 of 22 Posts