CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, what should be a simple job, turned out to be a fiasco so now I'm stuck. Got the center stand and looked at installation videos. The first one I saw showed the stretching the springs with straps and sticking pennies. I did this and tried to install it. Unfortunately, the sprig was stretched a little too far and had an incredibly hard time pulling the pennies out. After I finally got them out, the springs are about 1/4" too long so now they're useless, (unless I cut the long stems shorter and try to bend the ends so they can hook but the material is very strong and it's not easy to do. I should have checked to see how hard it really was to stretch them on the bike, in retrospect, it doesn't look like it would be that hard of a job.

Regardless, I'm trying to buy a new set of just the springs but having a hard time coming up with part numbers. If anyone is able to help with the part numbers, it would be appreciated.
Automotive tire Electrical wiring Audio equipment Gas Font
Gas Body jewelry Jewellery Fashion accessory Metal

·
Super Moderator
2022 Matte Deep Blue Kymco AK 550
5,946 Posts
Yeah, that's a lot of pennies for this job.
There are several threads/posts on the forum for different methods to install the center stand and my personal favorite is to first connect the springs in place on the bike and stand, then using a ratchet strap around the rear wheel pull the center stand until the bolt holes line up and only then insert the bolts. This has the advantage of avoiding just what you ended up with.

The part numbers can be found on my favorite parts web site. Items number 4 & 5 on this page:
2014 Honda CTX1300 AC STAND | CyclePartsNation Honda Parts Nation

The outer/fatter spring is 50520-MGS-D70
The inner/skinny spring is 50523-MGS-D70

And this is for when you get the new springs, no pennies needed...
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive exhaust Automotive fuel system

·
Premium Member
310 Posts

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
Hey, thanks for the reply and research on the springs. Yeah, wish I'd seen your method first, I'll do it this way next time.

I didn't think of looking at the parts diagrams, so thanks again. I'll order them, and hope they don't take forever...
I've ordered a couple times from Honda. They were pretty average about shipping speed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts