CTX 1300 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if any of you guys are using or have used metzlers tires...the me888?
I'm thinking about getting a set and was curious what mileage are you getting on the rear?

·
Registered
258 Posts
I haven't used them on my CTX, but I have ran a couple sets on other bikes. They've always served me well and I typically get 13 to 15,000 miles out of a set. I intended to put 888's on the CTX this weekend but decided to Darkside it instead. I'm going with a Bridgestone G853 on the front due to its reputation for not cupping, my stock Dunlops were cupped terribly on both ends.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I too have run them on my past bike and got about 8-10k out of them but I ride pretty hard. I actually just replaced my stock Dunlops with 11k on them with a set of 888s earlier this week and did about 300 miles today. I realize that just about any new tire will feel better than a 7yr old set with 11k miles on them but really the bike just felt WAY better. I'm actually good with putting a new set on at 10-12k. I just don't get to ride enough so I'm fine with a new set of tires every 5 or 6 years. Unless you are doing lots of seriously long distance riding the Metzlers will probably be fine for you.

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
got my second set on now. 888's. I like them. think my last set had like 13,000 miles on them. am now on 6,000 on the last set.

·
Premium Member
881 Posts
I went through a couple of sets of 888's back in 2014/15. I decided I did not like them. I ride very aggressively in the mountains of SC & NC often (I live 30 min. away) and I was experiencing traction/grip issues. One time I almost had a low-side. Also, due to the composition of the rubber, I was burning through them fast. Due to the nature of my riding style, I get maybe 4 thousand miles out of a back tire and 8 out of the front. I now run Bridgstone Exedra Max tires on the CTX and find them to be the best tire for my bike and riding style.

My CB1100 loves Metzler tires. I run Metzler Roadtec Z8 Interact tires on that beast!

Peace,
Chris

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I went through a couple of sets of 888's back in 2014/15. I decided I did not like them. I ride very aggressively in the mountains of SC & NC often (I live 30 min. away) and I was experiencing traction/grip issues. One time I almost had a low-side. Also, due to the composition of the rubber, I was burning through them fast. Due to the nature of my riding style, I get maybe 4 thousand miles out of a back tire and 8 out of the front. I now run Bridgstone Exedra Max tires on the CTX and find them to be the best tire for my bike and riding style.

My CB1100 loves Metzler tires. I run Metzler Roadtec Z8 Interact tires on that beast!

Peace,
Chris

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you guys.

I have the Bridgestones on here now and I only got 6000 on the rear. I didn't know if that was normal. I'm not too aggressive on the riding but I mainly do long day/ long 4 day distance trips. I really like them. They do good on gripping the road and weather.

but thanks for the input.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I had a set of 888s. Lasted 14 months and a little over 10,000 miles. That was a combination of mountain roads, Interstate/Highways and 1 cross country trip from California to Washington, DC and return. Being short seamed, i.e. horizontally challenged, the 200/55 17 rear tire caused me to tip toe more than I expected. Also took a bit more muscle to get the bike on the center stand.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a set of Michelin Commander II’s on my CTX1300, they are one of the best handling tires I have ever run.

I have worn out a lot of tires on various motorcycles and the Michelin’s just feel SAFE!

Maybe TOO safe, they inspire a lot confidence! To me, the Commander’s are worth every cent.

I have a set of Pirelli Angel GT’s on my ST1300, the CTX handles FAR better with the Michelins than the ST1300 does or did with Pirelli Angel’s, Bridgestone Battle axes, Metzler tires.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts