CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
how do you like the Corbin? I am debating between those or having Diamond customize one.
Absolutely love the seat. It is a bit wider than the stock seat which can be problematic (I am 5'7" with a 29 inch inseam). But, it is so comfortable. On my last bike I had a Mustang seat, I though that was the best until I bought this.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I miss having my Corbin seat on the CTX! I've gotten used to the stock seat, but I can't ride nearly as long as I could on the Corbin.
I finished a 2800 mile ride with the stock seat and thought that it was fine. But a member of the New CTX 1300 FB page posted the seat, it was red (my favorite color) two days later I had a new seat. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the stock seat. Honda got the design right.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I finished a 2800 mile ride with the stock seat and thought that it was fine. But a member of the New CTX 1300 FB page posted the seat, it was red (my favorite color) two days later I had a new seat. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the stock seat. Honda got the design right.
I had Mustangs on all my previous bikes. I have a Mustang Day rider on my Kawasaki Vulcan and it's not great for long rides. The Kaw had a touring seat, but being only 5'8" it made things way too tall for me.
Corbin makes a "close" version that I considered ordering for the CTX, but Diamond actually custom fits the seat to your height, weight, and inseam. I just hate sending them the seat to do it. They only customize the seat in the winter, during off season.
I saw that listing, but having a blunicorn AND not being a close (my understanding is the Corbin adds width) I held off.
enjoy the ride!!!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had Mustangs on all my previous bikes. I have a Mustang Day rider on my Kawasaki Vulcan and it's not great for long rides. The Kaw had a touring seat, but being only 5'8" it made things way too tall for me.
Corbin makes a "close" version that I considered ordering for the CTX, but Diamond actually custom fits the seat to your height, weight, and inseam. I just hate sending them the seat to do it. They only customize the seat in the winter, during off season.
I saw that listing, but having a blunicorn AND not being a close (my understanding is the Corbin adds width) I held off.
enjoy the ride!!!!
Enjoy your new seat.

·
Premium Member
1,229 Posts
enjoy the ride!!!!
I am sitting on my third Diamond custom (2 previous bikes) and love it. When they did mine it was mainly for passenger comfort but they also changed my seat a bit. A little wider at the rear/rise to the passenger, a little dished out under my spine taking weight off it when riding and most of all narrowed up front. The narrowing makes your legs longer as they aren't splayed so far apart to reach the ground. It's worked great for me. Stay safe.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I am sitting on my third Diamond custom (2 previous bikes) and love it. When they did mine it was mainly for passenger comfort but they also changed my seat a bit. A little wider at the rear/rise to the passenger, a little dished out under my spine taking weight off it when riding and most of all narrowed up front. The narrowing makes your legs longer as they aren't splayed so far apart to reach the ground. It's worked great for me. Stay safe.
Thanks for the info...I have read good things about them, and their communication, even without making a purchase, has been stellar!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts