CTX 1300 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you that have issues with mirrors, one thing I always install are blind spot mirrors. Took me awhile to find the right ones at the right size for our mirrors: (1.5")

ICU Applications | Round Wide Angle Convex Safety Mirrors

These are perfect size, cheap and include USPS shipping.
I had them in 2-3 days.

By the way...THIS is the PROPER location for a blind spot mirror. I dont know why people put them on the upper left or lower right.

This made a world of difference and it also eliminated the blind spots, not that I still wont turn my head a look but it really helped and was dirt cheap.

-Hanadarko

·
Super Moderator
2,174 Posts
Great suggestion! I think you can also find these in most auto parts stores, or even Walmarts and Targets that have automotive sections.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just couldnt find the TINY ones anywhere. I didnt check bike shops but all the auto parts places and found these online for $6.99 with shipping and no tax, they were here in no time. I just wish they had a black plastic outline but I gave up trying to find that kind.

By the way, if anyone ever needs to remove these, just use a thin piece of tooth floss and saw it back and forth behind the mirror. They fall right off and then use an appropriate cleaner to get the residual glue off.

-Hanadarko

·
Registered
53 Posts
By the way, if anyone ever needs to remove these, just use a thin piece of tooth floss and saw it back and forth behind the mirror. They fall right off and then use an appropriate cleaner to get the residual glue off.

-Hanadarko
I'm a retired dentist... I just knew people must be using that dental floss for something!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I'm a retired dentist... I just knew people must be using that dental floss for something!
Yes...I have found no other purpose but to saw blind spot mirrors off with this stuff. Each cleaning the dentist kindly gives me another free box too!

:515:

·
Super Moderator
5,676 Posts
:D
And if you talk to most Boy Scouts you'll find that they use Dental Floss for sewing repairs of camping equipment... stronger than thread and water proof for tents.
I even repaired a seam on my tent with the stuff and keep a box of it with my camping kit :D

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:D
And if you talk to most Boy Scouts you'll find that they use Dental Floss for sewing repairs of camping equipment... stronger than thread and water proof for tents.
I even repaired a seam on my tent with the stuff and keep a box of it with my camping kit :D
Who knew there could be so many uses for such a useless product!?

:350x700px-LL-66dd6d

1 - 7 of 7 Posts