CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After adjusting tHe bars and repositioning the brake and clutch reservoirs I finally gave up and installed the mirrors that come stock on the CTX700.the whole world opened up behind me.They work perfectly.And the entire cost is under $100.00.:):)

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Exact same for me. The CTX700 mirrors were installed a few days ago. months of riding only able to see well behind by leaning. Now the stock mirrors set alittle more out for side lane views and the handlebar mirrors filling in the full rear view. EXCELLENT!! Much more relaxed and safe feeling. They really look good on the bike.

Reactions: rubbermallett

·
Registered
117 Posts
you can buy a trickle charge cable for a few bucks at any bike store. This attaches to the battery ( just to the left under the panel) and has a watertight connector right at the handlebar that many things can attach to. including (hmmm)... a trickle charger.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Well the New ones are so good.... I am starting to think if there as a good looking alternative, even going to a panel shop ... and getting a cover custom made and sprayed to cover where the mirrors currently are.

Burt then there is the indicators to consider.

I am in no real hurry and probably will not even do it.

My point is the original mirrors are also just so far away.

Having the mirrors on the bars again, as per normal, just feels right. I really do not even look at the originals now. They also look great.

·
Super Moderator
5,721 Posts
It's comes down to what you're used to. I'm used to fairing mounted mirrors on my last 4 bikes so prefer that now. The mirrors on the CTX1300 are just as good as the mirrors on my ST1100. If I were to pull my camper with this bike I would add mirrors, likely the ones that mount on top of the fairing mirrors, just to see over the camper since this bike is lower than my ST. I just have been away from bar mounted mirrors long enough that they look funny to me. I've never felt at a loss of what was around me or behind me with the stock set up and my current adjustments made. I know different riders are different sizes and may not be able to adjust the bars and mirrors satisfactorily and that's just the way it is. I will say bar mounted mirrors are more universal in that way. Do what you need to do to ride safe.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Stealth Mirrors

I ordered from Amazon.com these Stealth mirrors for about $20. They were sold by Hoosier garage and szmanso?? About three weeks later they arrived direct from Shenzhen, Guangdong. Ironically, I've been there. Pretty good quality: plastic heads and metal stems. Spun them on and tested this morning. They give a broader view than the stock ones and I'm now using them to fill in the blind spot. I think the look is pure CTX.

Attachments

·
Registered
86 Posts
As Seen on TV Mirrors

Got a pair of these "TotalView" Adjustable Blind Spot Mirrors and stuck them on the stock fairing mounted mirrors to hold me over. Had been using them on my BMW R1200RT which also has fairing mounted mirrors that weren't so great either. Liked them so much I peeled them off the BMW when I sold it and stuck them on my car mirrors!

You can find these on Amazon or eBay, should run you less than $10 with shipping, shop carefully and use them to fill your order so you can get free shipping of stuff you really needed: Amazon.com: Total View 360 - Adjustable Blind Spot Mirror - As Seen On TV!

What's nice about these cheapo mirrors is that they swivel on a ball joint so you can adjust them to show your blind spots. I mounted them (they come with 3M mounting tape) in the upper most corner of the mirror and rotated them so they sit a bit higher.

Better, but still not great so I'll get some bar mounted mirrors maybe these from Amazon, a bit more than the bargain $20 mirrors. A rider over on the CB1100 forum used them and said the quality is pretty good:

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts