CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok Finally got my seat back from Russell Day LONG last night, Installed it, BUT too much black ice last night to even think about testing it in the dark.
Will hook up the seat heaters tonight and test it out and try and get pictures before it gets dark.
Now have handle bar pull backs ,, the little mirror add,ons handlebar mounted mirrors, highway bars/lights mounts, and my russell day long heated seat.,, and bridgestone drive guard run flat tire..and the honda tall shield

Left to do,, install my aux. fuel tank, and the ceebailly taller windshield with the adjustable vent. and the motochello intercom/ fm/WB radio system

·
Super Moderator
2,174 Posts
Nice work. I've just got the tall shield and Kury grips. With that, the bike is just about perfect for me. I just don't put on the kind of time or miles in the saddle to warrant any more than that. Though I might be starting to feel the itch for a Power Commander ....

·
Registered
128 Posts
I'm planning to go for a Russell Day Long seat this year, so I'm very interested in hearing how it goes for you.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Plan on first ride with new seat tomorrow morning to the GLWRRA breakfast and ride.. I know it needs some breaking in but IT sure looks different on the bike ,, LIKE A REAQL motorcycle saddle. My wife really likes the extra support on her seat PLUS HEAT,, supposed to be about 20 degrees

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
@kniterider,
Where's the pitcher(s)? Did I miss it/them?
:worthless:
I just noticed there is no drooling emoticon.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know Remember I work weird hours,, Like day shift today. Won't be home until 1730 hours if I am lucky... Kind of dark by then. Hoping the wintry MIX holds off tomorrow so i can bring it out for breakfast ride and pictures

·
Registered
227 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
pics

Pics of add ons

Attachments

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
kookopelli can you tell us where the bought the nice throttle lock. I've never seen a chrome version.
Kniterider looks like a really comfortable seat. Please give us a review after your first multiple hour trip
Does anyone have a way to make the clutch lever pull easier?

·
Registered
227 Posts
My throttle lock is a brakeaway from brakeaway.com. It was $189. I didn't find it any cheaper anywhere else, but let.us know if you do. It is a nice piece that works flawlessly.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
@kniterider,
Aaaaaahhhhh, yes. A real saddle seat shaped like a real saddle..
Spread the pressure/weight around and enjoy the ride.
I like it. They did a great job. What was the total turn around (from send to received)?

·
Registered
314 Posts
Pics of add ons

Thanks much for the pics! Could I bother you for a pic that would show the whole bike? I would like to see what the seat does to the overall look of the bike.

Did they need the old seat to build this one, or do you still have it?

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Russell day long uses your existing seat pan to build the new saddle. I will try and get a full profile shot in next day or two as weather permits. I hate this time of year

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just my personal observation.. it gets rid of the cheaper crotch rocket look with the brick shaped seat to me.

·
Super Moderator
5,721 Posts
Good thing the CTX1300 doesn't have the crotch rocket look to start with too! That's one of the features that attracted me to it... DIDN'T look like a sport bike. :)

That IS a nice seat though. Brings the bike a lot closer to looking like a GL series to me.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes sir and even hard as being a brand new seat it distributes my ass much nicer than the stock,,, can not wait for break in period to be over

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I forgot IF anyone is interested in the UTOPIA backrest for their CTX I have the mounting bracket and backrest available

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
does it sit you any lower? how long do they take and how much?
Well when up in the saddle it feels just a teeny bit higher BUT when stopping the nose of the saddle is thinner and allows my short little chicken legs to reach the ground easier PLUS it has both positions heated and the day long back rest is a winner too

1 - 20 of 24 Posts