CTX 1300 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone!

I am planning to ride the entire Moonshiner (HWY28) in one day. It is about 120 miles long when you consider its length from the southern end in SC to the northern end in NC: HWY28 from Anderson SC to the base of the Tail of the Dragon (HWY129) in Deal's Gap NC. I will leave on Saturday Oct. 24th, in the morning. Ride the entire Moonshiner going north that day. Camp at one of the motorcycle campgrounds near Deals Gap (i.e. Kickstand, Iron Horse, etc.). Then ride the entire Moonshiner south the following day. Although 120 miles does not seem like a lot, considering the unique characteristics of this road and terrain it can take many hours--keep in mind this road is a challenge for most riders. I don't plan to ride this road at a casual pace. I plan to push it while headed north. How fast can I do it? I will find out.

Coming home will be at a casual pace.

This short epic adventure might require a small GoPro setup to document the journey. Nothing fancy, but enough to document the fun.

Here are my initial thoughts and announcements on YouTube:

Part 1:
Part 2:

More to come...

Chris

·
Registered
314 Posts
Great road in an area with a lot of other great roads. It's been about 12 years since I last rode the Moonshiner and about 25 since the 1st time I rode it.
Have a great trip and ride safe.

Reactions: HansenCTX

·
Registered
531 Posts
Did you find any takers?!?

Sure would love to join in - but a little too far a commute!

Reactions: HansenCTX
1 - 5 of 5 Posts