CTX 1300 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is one of my first motovlog's of the summer.

It has been a while since I have worked video and so it is a little rough...…. but my goal is to incorporate visits to and coverage of historical sites across the USA that have been significant to our Freedoms.

Feel free to follow the link to You Tube and support the effort...…..

ENJOY.....

https://youtu.be/9tiECXtNqZ4

·
Premium Member
862 Posts
I just watched the entire thing! It looks like you did the recording in late winter/early spring--all the trees were budding. I loved your documentary style! American history fascinates me. Thank you for your great work. Good balance of riding footage, personal commentary, and entertainment.

Peace,
Chris Hansen

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks Chris...……

I really am struggling right now getting this off the ground. I struggle with being the brand on camera... as I have always... for decades been behind the camera but I gave up the professional aspect several years ago...….

Knowing this balance you speak of is also something I am feeling out since I am just getting started in this motovlogging… and there are only so many angles one can shoot while driving...…. and only so many roads before they start looking like ….. the last road just featured...………. and historically where does one draw the line between painting the entire picture and giving just enough to slightly educate and yet wet the appetite of the views giving them the desire to visit the area featured...……….

And on the technical side...….. not running out of batteries...… and editing on a platform that is both desktop and laptop friendly...…. …….. it is looking more and more like it is time for me to build another "tower" non linear editing system from the ground up...…. I used to be a VAR building Canopus systems back in the day before they sold out to grass valley..... now I am using a cheap version of Adobe Premiere on the laptop...……

I have other videos in the que that I am working on...…

- The East Coast Meet Up.....
- Introducing My Honda Davison
- Some money saving Ideas.....
- The story of getting the CTX.....

I just took a look at the analytics of that video and the average viewers time on the video was 3 and a half minutes...…… so I have a lot of work to iron out yet.

Thank you for your input...….

Tim

I just watched the entire thing! It looks like you did the recording in late winter/early spring--all the trees were budding. I loved your documentary style! American history fascinates me. Thank you for your great work. Good balance of riding footage, personal commentary, and entertainment.

Peace,
Chris Hansen

·
Premium Member
862 Posts
Hey man, I get it.

I do a lot of video for work now... so my motovlogging has taken a back seat. I was doing a lot... and I still have a lot of video to do. I fact, I have two years of video footage from various events, travels, adventures, ect. I have so many idea of what I want to do with these videos, but my job it taking too much of my time. And the video I do for work (both for marketing and teaching) burns me out.

Keep up the good work!!

Hope you can make it to our Meetup in the Mountains trip!

Peace,
Chris

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
The link isn’t working for me (through Tapatalk). I’ll try safari.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
I can load the video on safari, but it still won’t play. It must be my slow connection. We are camped down near Nags Head, NC.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Cali...…. for the input and the wishes...

I have work to do... to tell the same story in far less time.... and that is what I will do...….

Part of the issue is...… my Go Pros do not work as advertised and I cannot always connect to start and stop video via the app.... so my batteries run out quickly...… because I am recording way too much... and then when I have more to document …. No batteries...……..

The other issue is simply angles on the bike..... I have tried to have my wife get footage while riding and she cannot for the life of her look at the camera and SEE THAT IT IS UPSIDE DOWN...… go figure.... so my first priority is simply to drive and keep us alive...………

And I need to cut to the chase of the plot quickly...…… though in that video I wanted to show some of the route as well...…… so if you bailed at 1:46... frankly no one is going to catch any plot or story in a minute 46 seconds.... even the main stream media cannot tell a lie in that short period of time... not a good one anyway...….

But I sincerely value your input!!!! It will helps me iron this stuff out!!!!

Tim

I know why you have an abandon rate at three minutes.. you pretty much lost me at 1:46 of the video. Good luck with the motovlog.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts