CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I had been considering putting handlebar mirrors to improve rear visibility but after lowering the bars and with the
proper adjustment of the mirrors this is now not necessary. Instead I want to put RAM Balls in those mirror holes.
The ones on my other bike are the correct diameter(10mm) but have the course thread. The threads in the hole are
fine thread and my question is does anyone know if a RAM Ball M10 x 1.25 pitch would be the correct thread?
Thanks in advance for any answers or suggestions.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I think it's the mounting for a phone or GPS rubber or similar

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
... I thought they were some sort of Appalachian Mountains delicacy...?
In all seriousness, I have a RAM ball mount on the steering head and it puts my phone in a perfect position right in front of the CTX logo on the handlebar bracket. It's been through thousands of miles with me and not a wobble.
Ewe will definitely find a use for them no matter where you mount them. :)

·
Super Moderator
5,721 Posts
Please define "RAM balls" ...(He requested sheepishly...:eek:)
RAM ball (this one is like mine, but I don't need the insert in the loop)

or here is mine, on the bar just next to the helmet visor hinge in this photo:

The one desired in this thread is one that mounts directly to the mirror mounts rather than around the bars like this one:

See http://www.rammount.com for more info. Also available on Amazon (where I bought mine) and many other mc product sites for mounting all kinds of stuff.

·
Registered
437 Posts
RAM ball for mounting all kinds of stuff.

Perhaps you might even be able to mount a Bighorn on one?:rotfl9:

Reactions: bob

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Bob. I'd been searching Amazon and other sites but I think the link you included
cleared up my question about the thread pitch in the mirror mount hole. 1.25 is the correct pitch from what I can determine.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Took a bolt to Lowe's and the guide on the wall shows the thread as 1.25.
So @rascalman, you should be right with that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts