CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2022 Matte Deep Blue Kymco AK 550
6,087 Posts
Another example of how little ANY media or journalist knows about what they write. Media writers have no clue about what real riders like or don't like, what has value to them or not.
The ONLY thing I regret about my CTX1300 is that I don't have it now.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Well everyone has their opinions. It's amusing that someone in the Philippines (Luke Zietsman) can know about every motorcycle ever made and how they rate. Kind of like "The most beautiful woman in the world" but they only look at Hollywood stars :)
I would have thought someone from Europe would have seen more bikes and how they respond over the years.
I got a chuckle with the HD "Dyna Wobble" ... I guess Luke Zietsman never tried the Yamaha Venture Royle ... check out the wobble on that baby!! I installed a super-brace on my 85 so it would be stable up to 70 MPH.
The HD Street Glide came out in 2006, the CTX in 2014. That's a long wait to compete :) .... I wonder if Luke Zietsman could be mistaken :)

G

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
it just feels like riding an appliance.

Article sounds like it was written by a trash can. Which is where it belongs. :p

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have been riding 60 plus years. In my motorcycle riding life I have owned and ridden a lot of bikes over the years. I have ridden over a hundred thousand miles on three different bikes, two Gold Wings (one 1500 and one 1800) and one an HD Ultra Classic Ltd. I enjoyed all three bikes very much, and I enjoyed many others I have owned over the years. Some bikes I have ridden and owned left a lot to be desired in handling, daily-use power, comfort, etc.. My CTX1300 is one of two bikes I presently own. My CTX1300 is comfortable, with smoothness, very good daily operational power, and provides excellent handling. In those three categories, and others, it is one of the best bikes I have ever ridden or owned. Anyone can take a shot. My guess is that the writer of the MSN article has never seen, much less ridden a CTX1300, and possibly has had very little windshield time on any bike. One wonders why someone would single out this bike for such criticism.

·
Premium Member
780 Posts
I have been riding 60 plus years. In my motorcycle riding life I have owned and ridden a lot of bikes over the years. I have ridden over a hundred thousand miles on three different bikes, two Gold Wings (one 1500 and one 1800) and one an HD Ultra Classic Ltd. I enjoyed all three bikes very much, and I enjoyed many others I have owned over the years. Some bikes I have ridden and owned left a lot to be desired in handling, daily-use power, comfort, etc.. My CTX1300 is one of two bikes I presently own. My CTX1300 is comfortable, with smoothness, very good daily operational power, and provides excellent handling. In those three categories, and others, it is one of the best bikes I have ever ridden or owned. Anyone can take a shot. My guess is that the writer of the MSN article has never seen, much less ridden a CTX1300, and possibly has had very little windshield time on any bike. One wonders why someone would single out this bike for such criticism.
You pretty much repeat the same experience as many others in their intro posts.
You've actually ridden many different bikes and rate the CTX high on your list.
Maybe we should comment back to this guy and suggest he read the introduction section of this forum.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts