CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally a dealer in my area (Outside of Philadelphia) received a demo bike. So I took it out last Saturday - got totally lost and ended up riding for over an hour. Some things to note - my current ride is a Triumph Thunderbird (the 1700) and I have never ridden with a windscreen (so I'm not one of those Windscreen I Must Posses folks...). Low end torque was not as good as the Triumph, but once I got used to using the higher revs it was perfectly acceptable. Got it up to 85mph on a the highway - no issue with wind buffeting, but like I said I'm used to that. Although it weighs about the same as my Triumph it was much more nimble and very easy to handle at low speed. I made some difficult turns without any problems. Cornering was a better than the Triumph. Overall it is a much easier bike to ride and although it has a smaller engine with less HP it wasn't lacking in power.

So, when I got back to the dealer I placed my order for a Blue Deluxe - should arrive in the next two weeks.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Congratulations on your new bike! :smiley-party0005::smileygarden_de_ban

·
Super Moderator
2,176 Posts
I had a Thunderbird 1600, so I can tell you that not much is going to compare to your 1700 in the torque department. :D

I found the exact same things about the handling as you. Which I found particularly interesting, since they talked up the Bird big time as having sport bike-like handling (it doesn't, but it's not bad for a big cruiser). The CTX is much closer to the ST in handling than any other cruiser I've owned; in some ways I even like it better because it's less top-heavy than the ST. And I agree, it takes no time at all to get used to the different torque curve of the CTX.

Congrats on the new purchase!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts