CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 195 Posts

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:ty:
I love this section(photos) bestest, or is that mostest....
specially when they have grandios scenery.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Today's ride

Went for a one hour ride. It was so beautiful out today. Warm weather also.
So, My Girl said she would pose for more pics if I would just stop. It was a little difficult to stop, but somehow I managed. She was so happy, just purring so sweetly.
Leaving the house:

I finally make it out of the drive and onto the next road. The colors are just wonderful today.

Going across the superslab, the view is so pretty on each side.

So, I get on the freeway and can't stand it. I take the next exit and it is just a great.

Ok, I'll not bore you will all the photos, but I hope you enjoyed these few choice ones. I'm just itching to take a real trip with My Girl and let her see the mountains out west.

·
Registered
4 Posts
You lucky devil! Beautiful pictures,very envious. Grey wet and miserable here in Blighty,looks like mine will be tucked up until spring:(

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey Jon,
Not just in England...seems the yankees (northen USA) here are mostly hibernating for the winter. I think Bob is one of those that says he doesn't. See if we can't get a few to start photo threads to help our hibernators with their cabin fever. :wink: Getting down to the 20s in the next few days. Gonna have to use muffs with the gloves if this continues. Hmmmm, might have to just ride south to the Keys.....

·
Super Moderator
5,721 Posts
Yep, I don't stop. I may not pile on some of the miles some of you do here, but I keep on going steady as long as the pavement is clear... regardless the temp. I can always do something more to keep warm, but I haven't yet worked out the kinks in a plan to increase traction when there's ice covering the road. :D

Oh, and I would offer up the photos I take during these "cooler" months of riding since I am running the Coldest Ride Contest this year on the ST-Owners.com web site, but I feel most who shiver at what the weather reports tell them will not really be encouraged by my photos since they are of the temp reading getting lower and lower as the season moves on. :eek:

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The Copper Frog in Harpersville AL.
I went for a ride on Hwy 25 from Harpersville to Greensboro.
It was beautiful ride. Saw this frog and of course My Girl wanted to pose in front of it.
So, I felt froggy and jumped::smileygarden_de_ban

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
I see it's all about that base...about that base...about that base for your girl

no treble

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Had to Google that....hahahaha...you right @menosabe , she's got that booty...

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Nice looking photo. Ur girl must really like getting her picture taken cuz she does pose well. It that green grass I see there? I wish ours was greening up. Maybe in another 3-4 weeks.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nice looking photo. Ur girl must really like getting her picture taken cuz she does pose well. It that green grass I see there? I wish ours was greening up. Maybe in another 3-4 weeks.
Thank ya,
Yes sir, it is amazing in the winter here. Every color in nature. Death and life displaying in full Technicolor.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Not so much scenic pic, but a memorial site/pic.
The Katy-did(Martin B-26C-20 MO Marauder Medium Bomber) crashed in Alabama.
Thanks to those who served and thanks to you guys that are still here that served and made this way of life possible.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Wanting to see more sites and learn a bit about things in my own state, take some pictures, so
then I took the kids(they're smiling for the photo) for a ride to visit a historical site:
(No connection to me, just a bit of state history)

Is Santa for real? (rhetorical).

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Riding Bankhead national Forest on My Girl. Dirt/gravel roads for 40 miles.
Front forks bottomed out 2 times. I stopped to check that i didn't damage something.

Freeway exit near my home:

Google it. (Yep, me and Panda got soaked) A historic recording studio site:

Train museum. Not open yet, but let a friendly biker in:

and gave me a tour. Wouldn't let me photograph him in his work duds.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I honor/respect those who have served.
I document many war memorials I see.
Here are a few:

Reactions: bob
1 - 20 of 195 Posts