CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The dealer informed me that my new standard CTX 1300 in blue was in, however it has crate damaged. I read on here that that was common. There was damaged to the header pipes on the left side and a scratch on the engine case. So they will report the damage and wait for replacement parts. I guess it could take a couple weeks more before I actually take delivery.

I was wondering how long others with this problem had to wait.

In the mean time I ordered a service manual, center stand, Cee bailey tall windshield along with the saddle bag liners, rear carrier with trunk attachment and trunk, throttle lock, extra mirrors and a fenda extenda.

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
Man that's sad. They should be giving you something special to ride until they have your bike ready to go.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Well that just sucks....I was fortunate enough to see mine in the crate when I bought it and it had no damage. I have read where others here had that same issue......

But congrats on the new bike. Once they get it all ready for you I'm sure you'll love it. I would hope that the parts would be priority for yours as it's damaged in transport and has been sold.

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
I don't buy the BS about many crates being damaged. I have a motorcycle dealer license and have been to distribution warehouse with several hundred machines stacked on each other. I think the dealer screwed up and just came up with the best excuse at the time. Why can't they get you a new bike instead of one that has taken a hit hard enough to damage the bike. What else got rattled that may come up in a week or so?

Reactions: Drummer

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This bike was ordered just for me because the dealer didn't have one. Somewhere on this forum is a thread about this issue and to inspect your bikes before taking delivery. The frame of the metal crate didn't look damaged, but some how from underneath the bike came in contact with something hard enough to dent the header pipes on the left side and scratch the engine case. This is a known problem.

·
Registered
117 Posts
The dealer informed me that my new standard CTX 1300 in blue was in, however it has crate damaged. I read on here that that was common. There was damaged to the header pipes on the left side and a scratch on the engine case. So they will report the damage and wait for replacement parts. I guess it could take a couple weeks more before I actually take delivery.

I was wondering how long others with this problem had to wait.

In the mean time I ordered a service manual, center stand, Cee bailey tall windshield along with the saddle bag liners, rear carrier with trunk attachment and trunk, throttle lock, extra mirrors and a fenda extenda.

Get em to comp some accessories for your trouble!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Mine came in with damage to one of the exhaust pipes on the right side being dented from a fork lift, so I was told. They didn't tell me when I picked it up, but had ordered the part and called me when it came in to tell me to bring it in to replace the pipe. Actually the dent was so small that it didn't affect the way the bike ran, but they replaced it anyway.

Why don't you make them let you ride it and bring it back for repairs when the parts come in?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They offered to let me take it and bring it back when the parts come in and I will probably do that. By the way I like your avatar Kokopelli. There is a connection with that symbol and the TV show Then Came Bronson.

·
Registered
227 Posts
By the way I like your avatar Kokopelli. There is a connection with that symbol and the TV show Then Came Bronson.
Sorry, but I can't figure the connection. I have googled the show and I remember it, but don't know what the connection to my avatar is.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I don't buy the BS about many crates being damaged. I have a motorcycle dealer license and have been to distribution warehouse with several hundred machines stacked on each other. I think the dealer screwed up and just came up with the best excuse at the time. Why can't they get you a new bike instead of one that has taken a hit hard enough to damage the bike. What else got rattled that may come up in a week or so?
From what I understand from my dealer is that if the lift truck driver is not careful, he will cause this kind of damage. It has to do with the way the crate is designed. Apparently some are not lifting the crate with the forks, they are getting the pipes instead. It is a known issue and they should have known better.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry, but I can't figure the connection. I have googled the show and I remember it, but don't know what the connection to my avatar is.

The show was based on a true story and the real Bronson was a man by the name of Birney Jarvis. On his real cross country trip he had the Kokopelli painted on both sides of his gas tank. MGM decided that might cause some problems with the American Indians so they changed it to the All Seeing Eye which is on the back of the dollar bill. A little tv trivia for you.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I guess I missed that on the show. When I googled it, all I saw was the Eye thing.
I took a vacation to Sedona once and got hooked on the Kokopelli thing and the last bike I had (a 2009 VTX) I put some subtle Kokopelli graphics on. When I started joining forums, Kookopelli seemed like an appropriate username and it has stuck with me since.

·
Registered
227 Posts

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
@Bronson,
Like the kid that's been waiting since Thanksgiving for Christmas to arrive.
Can't figure out why the bike won't start (kill switch off).
Goes 10 miles and the bike stops (forgot the gas).
Ok, Bronson, take slow deep breaths.
NBS (New Bike Syndrome) has no cure, is short term, but it isn't terminal.
Unfortunately, it is usually followed by Farkleitis, which is long term and is expensive to treat. :rolleyes:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts