CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No - I don't have a CTX1300 (if wishes were granted!) - and am just back into riding since September 27 2014 after 30 year hiatus (and became a first time grandpa one week ago today) - but ...

I am riding to Great Smokies from Nebraska in May, linking up with a bro who is riding up from Miami - and we're riding the roads together for four days. I plan on taking my time there and back (3 days each way) and staying off of Interstates. Used to live in Charlottesville VA - so I have some insight into how beautiful that part of the country is - although the southern Appalachians beat the BRP up in VA - or so I've heard.

First day heading south to Springfield MO - then east to Clarksville TN and the 3rd day, into Bryson City, NC.

Dragon, Cherhola Skyway, Blue Ridge Parkway - here we come !!! Praying that the sport riders won't be on Dragon while I attempt it - hate to make people mad at me for holding them up !!! But I will NOT be intimidated into trying it too fast - safety first!!!

Staying in Bryson City - and since my bro won't tent camp, in a lodge.

· Registered
432 Posts
Welcome!

And please don't bring up age here:(

I'm so far over the hill I can't remember what the top looked like:rolleyes:

Enjoy your adventure and ride safe:smiley-happy0034:

Reactions: Borntobewild

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I bought a 2007 Yamaha VStar 1100 Siverado with 10k miles on it end of September. Members here were very helpful at that time with advice and perspective about how to get back in it after 30years hiatus. in 2016, I can see being ready to step up....

30 years ago I rode a Honda CX500 Deluxe year round in Las Vegas.... It was retired when we got pregnant with our first. She turned 30 the day after I bought the bike!!

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
kniterider:

We'll be riding the area from Monday, May 25 (Memorial Day - may be busy and we won't do Dragon until the 3rd day or so - accommodating my "newness") thru Thursday, May 28. On May 29, I will ride to KY to visit family (including my new grandson!!) before heading back to NE.

If all goes well for each of us on our journeys, we will ride into Bryson City on Sunday, 5/24.

My Florida bro just got a 2015 Yamaha FJR1300 ES two weeks ago - so he thinks he is ready for the twisties (in Sport mode no less)!! Of course, he has already ridden the Dragon and the area - but loves it so much he jumped at the chance to show up his older bro !!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.