CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased the CTX1300 on my 40th wedding anniversary. You are supposed to give ruby jewellery for your 40th. The bike is red so (after never naming any other vehicle I owned) I felt it appropriate to call her Ruby. Previous bike was Triumph Thunderbird 1600. The only thing I miss about the trumpy is the grunt off the line, otherwise the CTX craps all over it.

·
Super Moderator
2,174 Posts
Congrats (on the bike and the 40 years), and welcome to the forum! I traded a Thunderbird for the CTX last year as well, and I've got pretty much the same impressions. Not a bad machine at all, but it just didn't beg to be ridden like this one does.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Welcome. I named mine Darth Brooks cause it reminds me of Darth Vader and is smooth like Garth Brooks.

Reactions: Tamale

·
Registered
764 Posts
I just named mine Blue and Red. Both of my ST1100s were named ST. I had a car named PT once. None of my other vehicles have been named except the Trophy. I named it PoST (Piece of Crap Trophy).

It seems the majority of riders here name their bikes with lady names. I've always considered my bikes to be work horses, so they get practical names.

Reactions: cjm76

·
Registered
9 Posts
I came off of 20 years of Harley's to my CTX Deluxe. Do not miss HD one bit. The Deluxe fits my riding style perfectly! ��

Reactions: bob
1 - 7 of 7 Posts