CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yet another moto camping event I may likely be able to get to this summer. My wife and DoL and grandson decided to take a trip to NOLA during that time and will leave me to my own devices. :smiley-happy0034:
Since we have a friend staying with us who will watch the dogs and the house I am possibly able to get away for my own little trip.
See details HERE on ST-Owners.com.

Debating if I will travel the super slab through Sioux City and over or state/county highways diagonally through NE. The second option is likely more scenic and more fun, but is also almost 1.5 hours longer on a 10+hour trip for me. Almost too long for one day but too short for two. :rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
5,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Gearing up and planning the route to Spearfish, SD for this event. Still debating if I want to make it in one long day (about 12 hours total including lunch and 3 gas stops) or in 2 shorter days. Just under 660 miles one way.

·
Premium Member
2014 Honda CTX1300 Deluxe
1,053 Posts
Looks fun. I would go however it is a 25hour drive (on the interstate) one way for me. Do you know of any ST events in the south east?

·
Super Moderator
5,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ST events all over

Looks fun. I would go however it is a 25hour drive (on the interstate) one way for me. Do you know of any ST events in the south east?
There are ST events all over the States. Check out the list at ST-Owners.com or let me know if you cannot get there if not a member. There is a list down the left side on the main page as well as the forums page. There is also a listing within the forums page under the Events section. There may also be a link at the top of the left list for Google Maps that shows on a map where they all are. Again, don't recall if that item is for members or anyone to see.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Bob,

I would suggest HY 44 through South Dakota. Take HY 12 through Nebraska, cross up to South Dakota @ Yankton and go north until you get to HY 44 and go in the backside of the Badlands. It is a great ride, make sure you get fuel in Winner SD, as there aren't many places after that going west.

We have had good rains so far, so the view will be worth it!

·
Super Moderator
5,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was thinking of crossing the river at Blair, NE to get off the super slab sooner. Then take 275 and 20 to Valentine. Then I haven't decided yet to continue west and come up on 385 through Black Hills NF or head north for a faster finish on 90. I do think I need to compromise between on Interstate and off if I want to make it in one day. I'm not accustomed to much more than 400-500 mile days yet.

·
Super Moderator
5,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just returned yesterday from this camping trip. 1530 miles round trip including some riding around the area. Now have 11760 miles on the clock. I'll report some more details in the Touring & Ride Reports sub-forum soon with a link to photos. But until then here are a few teasers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts