CTX 1300 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sold my CTX last August but still like to contribute on the forum because of the folks I've met and ridden with on here. Hope no one minds.

4 Days at Lake Norman with siblings as we missed Christmas together and then it was 5 days in the NC/TN Smoky Mountains for a solo trip. 2 nights in Robbinsville, 1 near Tuckaseegee and 1 near Banner Elk. No camping as I was afraid I wouldn't get any sleep due to the Cicadas but as it turned out I never heard a single one. Got to ride many of my favorites and quite a few roads I had never been on. Last two days had some sprinkles but never enough to stop and put on rain gear so that's always a positive thing in my book! I try to get up there at least once in the Spring and once in the Fall and I've yet to be dissapointed. Right around 1200 miles of fun this trip. MPG averaged around 50 with a high of 58 one fill up. Lower speeds in the mountains! Pics show entrance to Cherhola Skyway warnings, Bald River Falls - note the fisherman in lower left to show scale. Deals Gap, Fontana Dam, Balsam Gap on Parkway and Roan Mountain entrance. If you've never been here, rest assured the entire area is very picturesque. I just don't stop a lot to take photos.

·
Premium Member
2014 Honda CTX1300 Deluxe
1,045 Posts
All of this... yes....

I am doing the same now... more riding and less photos.

Great locations and rides!

Thanks for sharing. We need to meetup and ride this summer, before the fall ride.

Peace,
Chris

·
Registered
90 Posts
Sounds like a great trip Barry. I was up that way early in the week. Did you ride 194 between Banner Elk and Valle Crucis?

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was on 194 for a short time to west of banner elk.
that day I started at my sisters house on 281 to charley creek road to 215 to 110 thru Canton where I picked up Crabtree Mountain road to 209 thru Hot springs and 25/70 to 208 to 212 to 19W over to 197 and 261/143 to 19E and THEN over to 194.
my gps was hoppin that day! I finished up at the smoketree lodge on 105.

·
Premium Member
2014 Honda CTX1300 Deluxe
485 Posts
Are those turn signal indicators on the mirrors? Come clean... where did you get them? I have been looking for something like that for years.

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Won’t come clean, but I’ll tell you about the mirrors. Muth is the brand. They make for many, many vehicles. Not sure about CTX. Muthco.com

Edit - I don't see the CTX on their website which of course is not hard to believe since they probably wouldn't have many sales for it. That was one of several reasons for me wanting a different bike - the amount of aftermarket farkles available..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Stlburd2

·
Registered
90 Posts
I was on 194 for a short time to west of banner elk.
that day I started at my sisters house on 281 to charley creek road to 215 to 110 thru Canton where I picked up Crabtree Mountain road to 209 thru Hot springs and 25/70 to 208 to 212 to 19W over to 197 and 261/143 to 19E and THEN over to 194.
my gps was hoppin that day! I finished up at the smoketree lodge on 105.
The section I was talking about is east of Banner Elk. I found it on a ride 2 years ago when I went on a ride up the section of 80 north of the BRP that Jorg was talking about. The sections of 80 and 194 have no trucks allowed signs on them.

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Have to post some requisite pics from the dragon..

·
Registered
652 Posts
Lol !! And unlike some of your 2018 pictures of you on the dragon, you are clearly going FASTER than 5 mph on these!

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh yeah! Going midweek made all the difference in the world. Huge increase in traffic on Friday and Saturday, course it is a holiday Weekend to boot.

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Lol !! And unlike some of your 2018 pictures of you on the dragon, you are clearly going FASTER than 5 mph on these!
Almost the entire run I had it in manual mode staying in 2 or 3rd gear. Way more than enough power between curves. Sport mode works pretty good but the throttle is rather twitchy. Tour mode may downshift in apex of a curve and may cause lurching which tends to cause uh….puckering.

·
Premium Member
995 Posts
Those Wing people always get the best farkles. Coming from a GW district rally (MO) just last week I was amazed with all the lights and stuff available. And then there is “tasteful” and, well you know. Not my style. Ride safe all.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts