CTX 1300 Forum banner

Dates?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Keep in mind that travelling through Canada, on the route provided, is along major freeways (400 QEW, 401, etc.). Do you plan on taking secondary roads? If I may suggest... travel to Canada but through the US as your route showed.

I am very interested in accompanying you on this ride. I have ridden the states and provinces extensively and volunteer to assist in the planning, if you desire. My vote is July 17 as the start of the ride.

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
I am very interested in accompanying you on this ride. I have ridden the states and provinces extensively and volunteer to assist in the planning, if you desire. My vote is July 17 as the start of the ride.
Brian, It would be awesome to have you along for this ride. You will know all of the cool road side attractions and restaurants to stop at.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I have no rathers on date or routes.. I threw it out there to "put something on paper" and get feedback from others.

I prefer <25% on interstate / large highway.
I prefer to keep the riding times to 6-7 hrs a day.
I prefer to stay in a hotel or bed and breakfast.

Now I stated MY preference, lets hear YOURS so we can come to a compromise that the MAJORITY likes to get maximum participation. ;)

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have no rathers on date or routes.. I threw it out there to "put something on paper" and get feedback from others.

I prefer <25% on interstate / large highway.
I prefer to keep the riding times to 6-7 hrs a day.
I prefer to stay in a hotel or bed and breakfast.

Now I stated MY preference, lets hear YOURS so we can come to a compromise that the MAJORITY likes to get maximum participation. ;)
No problem with your preferences. The 10 or so rides that I run every year are based along those lines.

·
Premium Member
941 Posts
Hello Everyone!!!

I am glad to see action on this idea! Although it is nice to talk about stuff, it is way more fun to do stuff!!!

Preferences:
  • I like to ride my motorcycle--period. On longer days I choose to take short breaks every hour.
  • Straight flat roads suck: the more interesting the road the more enjoyable the ride.
  • I like to eat food and stay properly hydrated. I have no dietary limitations. Scotch or Bourbon are good choices ;).
  • Sleeping accommodations are flexible: no worries here! Although I am prepped to camp in all conditions, hotels/motels/B&B are all good for me too!
Just a heads up, June 27th - July 4th I will be at BSA Summer Camp at Camp Rainey Mountain in GA. I am an Assistant Scoutmaster with my son's BSA troop.

Since I am a teacher, the month of July is open. I teach summer school in May and June. The traditional school year kicks back into gear in August. Please, do not allow this trip to be effected by my availability.

Peace,
Chris (aka, HansenCTX)

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
Chris, you and I are going to get along great. I always bring interesting boubons and whiskeys on the rides. Plus I like to eat too, especially on the road. Though I prefer trying the local flavours.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The Canadian aspect of this ride is entirely dependent upon Trudeau Jr. opening the border. Hopefully in July the border will be open, otherwise only the USA leg will be rideable.
100% agreed, this is hopeful planning. If the border remains closed it may be a Maine or Dakotas' Bad Lands ride... Anywhere cooler then the South!

More info after the new year but votes and suggestions are welcome until we know!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts