CTX 1300 Forum banner

Dates?

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As mentioned I am planning a trip to NE Canada in July of 2021. There is a formal invitation to anyone else who would like to join. I will be staying in hotels / Bed and Breakfast locations.

Steve tells me Jul1 is Canada independence day so it may be better to straddle the months. Jun-Jul.

EDIT

UPDATE: Voting will close on 6 Feb 2021 Get your votes in now!!!

Looks like CA is still the goal with NE US as a fall back.

·
Premium Member
2014 Honda CTX1300 Deluxe
450 Posts
Keep in mind that travelling through Canada, on the route provided, is along major freeways (400 QEW, 401, etc.). Do you plan on taking secondary roads? If I may suggest... travel to Canada but through the US as your route showed.

I am very interested in accompanying you on this ride. I have ridden the states and provinces extensively and volunteer to assist in the planning, if you desire. My vote is July 17 as the start of the ride.

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
I am very interested in accompanying you on this ride. I have ridden the states and provinces extensively and volunteer to assist in the planning, if you desire. My vote is July 17 as the start of the ride.
Brian, It would be awesome to have you along for this ride. You will know all of the cool road side attractions and restaurants to stop at.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I have no rathers on date or routes.. I threw it out there to "put something on paper" and get feedback from others.

I prefer <25% on interstate / large highway.
I prefer to keep the riding times to 6-7 hrs a day.
I prefer to stay in a hotel or bed and breakfast.

Now I stated MY preference, lets hear YOURS so we can come to a compromise that the MAJORITY likes to get maximum participation. ;)

·
Premium Member
450 Posts
I have no rathers on date or routes.. I threw it out there to "put something on paper" and get feedback from others.

I prefer <25% on interstate / large highway.
I prefer to keep the riding times to 6-7 hrs a day.
I prefer to stay in a hotel or bed and breakfast.

Now I stated MY preference, lets hear YOURS so we can come to a compromise that the MAJORITY likes to get maximum participation. ;)
No problem with your preferences. The 10 or so rides that I run every year are based along those lines.

Reactions: Stlburd2

·
Premium Member
450 Posts
Brian, It would be awesome to have you along for this ride. You will know all of the cool road side attractions and restaurants to stop at.
Stephen, does this mean that you are on board?
I will be texting you on some other rides...

·
Premium Member
974 Posts
Hello Everyone!!!

I am glad to see action on this idea! Although it is nice to talk about stuff, it is way more fun to do stuff!!!

Preferences:
  • I like to ride my motorcycle--period. On longer days I choose to take short breaks every hour.
  • Straight flat roads suck: the more interesting the road the more enjoyable the ride.
  • I like to eat food and stay properly hydrated. I have no dietary limitations. Scotch or Bourbon are good choices ;).
  • Sleeping accommodations are flexible: no worries here! Although I am prepped to camp in all conditions, hotels/motels/B&B are all good for me too!
Just a heads up, June 27th - July 4th I will be at BSA Summer Camp at Camp Rainey Mountain in GA. I am an Assistant Scoutmaster with my son's BSA troop.

Since I am a teacher, the month of July is open. I teach summer school in May and June. The traditional school year kicks back into gear in August. Please, do not allow this trip to be effected by my availability.

Peace,
Chris (aka, HansenCTX)

·
Premium Member
450 Posts
Chris, you and I are going to get along great. I always bring interesting boubons and whiskeys on the rides. Plus I like to eat too, especially on the road. Though I prefer trying the local flavours.

·
Premium Member
450 Posts
The Canadian aspect of this ride is entirely dependent upon Trudeau Jr. opening the border. Hopefully in July the border will be open, otherwise only the USA leg will be rideable.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The Canadian aspect of this ride is entirely dependent upon Trudeau Jr. opening the border. Hopefully in July the border will be open, otherwise only the USA leg will be rideable.
100% agreed, this is hopeful planning. If the border remains closed it may be a Maine or Dakotas' Bad Lands ride... Anywhere cooler then the South!

More info after the new year but votes and suggestions are welcome until we know!

·
Premium Member
450 Posts
Troy,
Any updates to this ride?

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
Also checking interest on this. To Troy's thought, if the borders remain closed I would vote for a ride around the northeast - it's gorgeous! As for timing, I vote for whenever Chris is available, sounding like mid July for him. It appears @HansenCTX is only one here with some limitations, so...

I prefer 6-7 hour days with breaks for water and getting off bike for a minute.
I prefer <25% on interstate.
I prefer to stay in a Hotel.
I prefer local eateries as well.

My only preference for Hotel is low to moderate price, clean, shower and a bed. If they have breakfast included that's a bonus. A short ride to get breakfast is not that big a deal for me.

I will be in no hurry at all for this ride.!

·
Premium Member
450 Posts
If Troy is unable to lead this ride, I volunteer to organize it. Very familiar with NE and Canada. I already have some great routes, restaurants and places planned.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Troy,
Any updates to this ride?
Sorry, for whatever reason I didn't get a notification...

I am still planning on going and think the final dates should be decided 1 Mar 2021 after winter when people have more visibility to summer vacation.

As for leading, that's not my bag, man... I ride for the love of riding and try not to worry about too much while riding.

·
Premium Member
450 Posts
troystg said:
Sorry, for whatever reason I didn't get a notification...
No problem.

troystg said:
I am still planning on going and think the final dates should be decided 1 Mar 2021 after winter when people have more visibility to summer vacation.
I'm sorry but I was under the assumption that July 17 would be the start. Again, no problem.

troystg said:
As for leading, that's not my bag, man... I ride for the love of riding and try not to worry about too much while riding.
That's cool. There are times when I like to just ride and let someone else run the show. Do I understand your statement correctly that it is okay if I take the reins to plan routes, food and fuel stops, check out motels, etc.?

Reactions: Stlburd2

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Absolutely! Plan away!

My only requirement was at least 4-5 days in Canada. IF they let us in...

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 68 Posts