CTX 1300 Forum banner

Dates?

21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Premium Member
2014 Honda CTX1300 Deluxe
405 Posts
When do yall want the last day for voting to be? 28 Feb good?
Too long. End of January will be good. Its all ready been a couple of months. Motel reservations have to be made several months in advance. Rooms will go quickly due to pent up demand and the areas are big tourist areas. Not to mention time to plan routes and food/fuel stops.

Reactions: Stlburd2

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
Perhaps a compromise of middle of February to end the voting. Although it does appear everyone has voted including @BravoBravo who has no other posts but I must assume is interested. As it stands, the end of July has more votes but nothing is set in stone of course. Perhaps everyone could list their availability as @HansenCTX did. That way it will become more clear who can and can't go and perhaps we can accomodate everyone with some slightly adjusted dates. Plus, that will give whomever is planning some leeway in setting up recommendations for the ride.

For example:
@HansenCTX available after July 6th
@bljdb open available
@troystg
@Brian Kleinberg
@Koepper
@BlueThunder
@BravoBravo
@Blue Baron

Hopefully, posting forum names will send an email to everyone and perhaps this will help with narrowing a time frame down. I added @Blue Baron to the list as I know he had interest last year. This is just a suggestion to move things along.

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
July 17 week works for me - any other date I will not be able to attend. At the risk of sounding a bit dictatorial, I would be willing to keep voting open February 6 (end of 1st week in February).

·
Registered
25 Posts
As mentioned I am planning a trip to NE Canada in July of 2021. There is a formal invitation to anyone else who would like to join. I will be staying in hotels / Bed and Breakfast locations.

Steve tells me Jul1 is Canada independence day so it may be better to straddle the months. Jun-Jul.

EDIT

UPDATE: Voting will close on ____

Folks the pandemic will definitely affect this ride plan. Canadians are being told that everyone who wants a vaccine will be able to get one by the end of September 2021. Until that time you can almost bet that the borders will be closed and that no unessential travel will be permitted. That is the story today and although that may change over time i have to bet that it won't be sooner but probably later for Canada to be open again. ..

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
It’s definitely a play by ear plan with backup rides of either the northeast US or possibly out to the badlands. I really want to go thru CA but if the borders closed there just isn’t much we can do, except ride somewhere else of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
87 Posts
Folks the pandemic will definitely affect this ride plan. Canadians are being told that everyone who wants a vaccine will be able to get one by the end of September 2021. Until that time you can almost bet that the borders will be closed and that no unessential travel will be permitted. That is the story today and although that may change over time i have to bet that it won't be sooner but probably later for Canada to be open again. ..
Scott, sadly, I am afraid you might be right. This pandemic is hanging around like a bad smell, and the mishandling of the situation at both the federal and provincial government levels is very discouraging.
For now, all we can do is wait and see, I suppose.

Bruce

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
I think Scott is right regarding the border. I will none-the-less make Canadian and American routes.

·
Premium Member
974 Posts
Well, I have July 10th - the 24th penciled in on my personal calendar for this trip. If all goes well, and nothing unexpected comes up, I will work to keep these two weeks protected.

Fingers crossed.

Chris

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #32 (Edited)
Well we are pasted the 6th...

Looks like July 17 - July 25 got the most votes! I guess we can start planning around those days...

Are we going to Canada? I don't know but my passport expires in Sept so I sent it off yesterday to be renewed... :)

If not Canada then somewhere else cool please. It's a tad bit warm down here in the South in July so I would like to go somewhere more pleasant to ride...

Please and thank you!

Troy aka dipsh17

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I will be trailering up from Huntsville Alabama and had intended to start and finish in Buffalo NY. However if the boarder is still closed I can instead trailer to somewhere else.

After the meetup this past fall where I rode in the rain for 6 hrs and slept in a cold, wet tent I will be trailering up... Yes you can call me a wuss, I can live with it.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
Not sure where everyone is leaving from. Any ideas where your gathering/starting point would be?
Hey Stan, I’ll be going up (wherever) from Raleigh. Chris Is in upstate SC as is Jorge (I think..). With Troy coming up from Huntsville it may be a bit of a Southern Caravan and we can pick up Steve @Koepper in MD maybe. I’ll be the slow one for certain possibly taking two days if we meet in Buffalo or Niagara Fallls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
52 Posts
If you guys end crossing through CT,MA or even NH let me know! I'm starting a new job in a couple of weeks and thus won't be able to commit to joining but it would be cool to meet up with some fellow CTX riders if only for a day. Near as i can tell i will be third shift by then so I can always pop out for a ride before work. Cheers!

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
Buffalo is 833 from my house and Niagara Falls is 858. So that's roughly two days for either. Ill Keep watching and see how stuff shakes out. If we can settle on a starting location and maybe even a motel to meet at guys could start making reservations. I forget who was going to plan the ride but maybe throw out a couple starting locations to vote on again or just say this is where we start. I'm not that picky. That would make planning the rides easier. Maybe a starting location with easy access to CA that way if the border opens we're set in either direction. Just my thoughts.👁👁

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Ride date is officially July 17 - 25! All right - and now the planning begins...

Looking at the NE state maps, Saturday July 17th will be the day in which riders from various locations, will "gather" at a motel where we spend the first night. Since riders will be arriving at different times I think this is the way to go. The following day will officially begin the CTX NE US Canada Ride - assuming that the border is open. If not, then its just the CTX US NE Ride. A rose by any other name...

I already have a motel in mind and I will contact them to arrange a bulk room rate - depending upon how many are coming on this ride.

Anyone who will be trailering there is ample space to leave it. I will also make arrangements where the trailer can be left at the motel while we ride. You will however, will need to come back to pick it up!

Please note that passports cannot expire within 6 months of our entry. So, take care of any passports issues NOW!

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
If you guys end crossing through CT,MA or even NH let me know! I'm starting a new job in a couple of weeks and thus won't be able to commit to joining but it would be cool to meet up with some fellow CTX riders if only for a day. Near as i can tell i will be third shift by then so I can always pop out for a ride before work. Cheers!
Yes will definitely be travelling through VT and NH. Maybe even ME!

21 - 40 of 68 Posts