CTX 1300 Forum banner

Dates?

41 - 60 of 68 Posts

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Awesome! I will keep an eye on this thread then. Hopefully I can drop by if you guys make a pit stop in that area. Cheers!
Bookmark this thread. I realize that not everyone will be able to attend all of the days in this ride. You will be able to meet up with us as each motel will be posted. Simply meet us at the motel and join for the following day or two, or three...

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Southern Caravan ... can pick up Steve @Koepper in MD maybe. I’ll be the slow one for certain possibly taking two days if we meet in Buffalo or Niagara Falls.
I live very close to US I-81 & US I-70 intersection in Hagerstown, MD (about 12 miles away). This would be a good place for folks from the South (@troystg, @bljdb, @Blue Baron, @HansenCTX) and folks from the West (@Stlburd2) to meet up. If I remember correctly, @Brian Kleinberg is a little further north on I-81 in PA. (I believe @Brian Kleinberg & @BlueThunder are the same person with 2 logins. Correct me if I am wrong Brian.)

I can host folks for the night on the ride North & back home South if desired. Free food & drink at a minimum. I think my wife would enjoy meeting all of the folks I hang out with during the meet ups.

If you want a free night of sleep, I have a couple of beds and couches. I know @HansenCTX, @bljdb and @troystg do not mind a camping hammock or a tent and I can supply those with sleeping bags. (trying to help keep your cost down if desired).

I also recommend a stop in Buffalo, NY. It is a one day ride from my house. It is a good place to cross into Canada if that is possible. Even if you can not get into Canada, you can still see all the water falls just up the road in Niagara, NY and you can get buffalo wings at the Anchor Bar, the originator & home of the buffalo wing.

I will be happy with whatever is decided by the caravan crew and @Brian Kleinberg who is laying out the routes.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
I can trailer up to the DMV and ride on with everyone there..

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
I live very close to US I-81 & US I-70 intersection in Hagerstown, MD (about 12 miles away). This would be a good place for folks from the South (@troystg, @bljdb, @Blue Baron, @HansenCTX) and folks from the West (@Stlburd2) to meet up. If I remember correctly, @Brian Kleinberg is a little further north on I-81 in PA. (I believe @Brian Kleinberg & @BlueThunder are the same person with 2 logins. Correct me if I am wrong Brian.)
Ok, it's the tale of two Brians it would seem. I thought @BlueThunder lived on Long Island and I recall seeing a picture of a one wheeled trailer behind a CTX. This Brian was with us at the Meetup in PA. (I think)... Not sure I've met @Brian Kleinberg. Then again I'm not sure what I ate for breakfast 30 minutes ago so uh, there's that.

Reactions: fbnewell1

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
I thought @BlueThunder lived on Long Island and I recall seeing a picture of a one wheeled trailer behind a CTX. This Brian was with us at the Meetup in PA. (I think)... Not sure I've met @Brian Kleinberg. Then again I'm not sure what I ate for breakfast 30 minutes ago so uh, there's that.
Yes, you are correct. We met @BlueThunder at the 2019 East Coast Meet Up and he does have the cool one wheel trailer for his motorcycle. Now you know you met @Brian Kleinberg too.

No offence George and Brian but I used to get @BlueThunder and @Blue Baron confused on the forum until I met Brian at the 2019 East Coast meet up in Hancock, MD. I am hoping the Blue bros meet each other on this trip.

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
Not to change the subject here, but........ Did I see correctly that @fbnewell1 was under a winter weather advisory or something like that?? Is that the first time ever??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
5,553 Posts
You saw that right. Just looked up the weather alerts down south because my son in Lafayette had snow this morning and there are freeze warnings and winter storm warnings and even wind chill warnings all the way to Brownsville. The entire state of Texas has at the least a wind chill advisory or worse today until 9 am CST for the western most part and noon or after for the rest of the state.
My granddaughter down there (Lafayette) saw snow for the very first time and was able to make a snowball. She looked very excited holding it... but I'm sure that will wear off as the chill seeps in.

·
Registered
75 Posts
hallo y all. Now that the date is set i can start convincing my work boss ( the boss man) & my home boss ( the boss wife) that i need the days off to join in on this ride. I then will most likely get up there with Chris as he mentioned his trailer will fit our 2 bikes, and we can split driving duties. Whatever routes, stops and meals are planned- all good with me as long as i will have my evening beers. A trip like this guaranties memories to be made and i want to be part of it.
Thanks Steve for offering your house as a meeting point, greatly appreciated.

German George

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
It's always the same with you Jorge - beer beer beer beer, ride ride, beer beer beer. :)
Would truly be awesome with you and Chris on this ride. Let us know how to contact your boss to insure permission is granted.....

·
Registered
587 Posts
Barry - it’s almost 11am, and it has warmed up to ... 24*F !!! Winds NNW @ 21mph. Should be above freezing for about 5 hours, then back down to mid-20’s*F again tonight. At least there shouldn’t be any more ice.

Don’t know how you guys do this year after year ...

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
Wow, I didn’t realize it was THAT cold! SO unusual.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
it’s almost 11am, and it has warmed up to ... 24*F !!! Winds NNW @ 21mph. Should be above freezing for about 5 hours, then back down to mid-20’s*F again tonight. At least there shouldn’t be any more ice.
@fbnewell1, I guess you will not be posting about any rides for the next couple of days. :eek:
Now you know what the winter months are like for the rest of us. We all bundle up next to the fireplace and dream about rides to Canada/NE and the next Meet Up In the Mountains in the summer.

@bljdb, I just noticed your new profile picture. I like that CTX in the picture. Looks just like mine. :D

·
Registered
587 Posts
Wrong-o, MaryLou!! Probably gonna ride a bit here shortly. Sun’s peeking out once in a while, and it’s not drizzling, etc. Still only 27*F and 19mph winds, but it should be passable for a while. If I can keep my hands warm ...

·
Premium Member
2014 Honda CTX1300 Deluxe
405 Posts
I hear ya! I ride till the first snow fall... I must admit though, when temperatures fall into the 30's, I do use heated socks, heated pants, heated long sleeve shirt, heated gloves, heated grips.... I think you get the idea 😁

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Hi All,

When's the deadline to decide if it is NE CA or NE USA?
When do we need to start making reservations?
Where are my pants? (in reference to all the video telecon commercials of people without pants for meetings. We have been in side far too long.)

·
Premium Member
2014 Honda CTX1300 Deluxe
405 Posts
Hi All,

When's the deadline to decide if it is NE CA or NE USA?
When do we need to start making reservations?
Where are my pants? (in reference to all the video telecon commercials of people without pants for meetings. We have been in side far too long.)
There is talk about opening the Canadian border March 31 but I wouldn't bet the farm on it. Canada has been extending the opening on a monthly basis for the past year. At present, it doesn't look like it will be open next month and with Covid variants, the opening date is still unknown.

I am working on NE USA routes that will take us through upstate NY, VT, NH and I'm toying going into ME. There are many points along the way that we can cross into Canada should it be open in September July. This way, routes don't have to be recreated and could be "plugged in". Motel reservations (and restaurants) will be made once routes are finalized. Canadian motel reservations are in limbo until the border situation has been determined.

As of today, it is a NE USA ride. As we get closer to September a determination will be done to see if Canada can be included.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Hey, Brian - hope you just mis-typed when you put the above date as September. Believe the NE dates are July 17-25. MITM @ Fancy Gap, VA should be September. (Or, I have some reservations to cancel ... )

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Blue Thunder,

Thank you, I would really like to at least ride into Maine so I can get a picture of the sign and say I rode there. Might be a once in a lifetime opportunity for me being from the south and all.

And what fbnewell1 said...

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

41 - 60 of 68 Posts